Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Feedback/Suggestions/Problems

Old 15-01-2017, 05:47 PM   #11
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Things have been very quiet recently but that's probably because most people's torts are all tucked up asleep which is one of the reasons I have a few different types so I have some to keep me going over winter.
I'm even off to get another at the weekend so will be getting the camera out and putting some pics up.
Whaddya get then? C'mon........lets see, pretty please.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 08:12 PM   #12
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Whaddya get then? C'mon........lets see, pretty please.
Has it happened yet ? .........!!! We need photographs and two names !

Jonathan I think that's a lovely idea. I spent my first 3 years just reading, watching the spats as any dysfunctional family has and carries on loving everyone and laughing at the humour of which there is copious amounts. Rachel sent me a 'friend' request after I had started posting and I was so pleased it made me feel more involved also. I do miss some of the absent friends, but there are boomerangs on occasion which put a smile on your face. I think you are either an laster, a taster and gone or a boomerang. I absolutely love tortoises , my whole life revolves around them so SW is part of it
Old 16-01-2017, 03:24 AM   #13
Hanako
Hatchling

Why it is so quiet....why new posters prefer to read and don't write unless they really have to (unless they have some serious problem with their animals)... why, oh why....

Well, I would tell you why, but it wouldn't be very helpful because you don't want to hear it anyway.
Hanako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 08:29 AM   #14
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Everyone is different but for me, I'd prefer not to be messaged by anyone when I join a forum. I joined a photography forum once where that happened and I was immediately suspicious of what this person was after.
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2017, 05:44 PM   #15
CherryBrandy
Adult

oooh this is like brexit, well those that want to leave are all wrong but those that want to stay are all wrong....or is it those that want to leave are all right and those that want to stay are all right ! There is a philosophical answer to it all. I just respect peoples opinions and if they don't match mine so be it ! A wise man said something about little steps , or little mix, Jan will know, but another wise man said 'try not to merely transmit knowledge, but try and at the same time awaken your minds to basic human qualities....'

That's why people post, read and laugh on here !

On Alan's point some photographers can be a little strange I think, steer clear of strange photographers.
Old 20-01-2017, 10:15 PM   #16
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

I sent a little welcome message to someone who just joined and the person posted very soon after.

So that's a 100% success rate (so far).
Old 20-01-2017, 10:55 PM   #17
Jan W
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric Jonathan View Post
I sent a little welcome message to someone who just joined and the person posted very soon after.

So that's a 100% success rate (so far).
The personal touch makes such a difference. Well done, worth the effort.
Old 21-01-2017, 08:54 AM   #18
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
oooh this is like brexit, well those that want to leave are all wrong but those that want to stay are all wrong....or is it those that want to leave are all right and those that want to stay are all right ! There is a philosophical answer to it all. I just respect peoples opinions and if they don't match mine so be it ! A wise man said something about little steps , or little mix, Jan will know, but another wise man said 'try not to merely transmit knowledge, but try and at the same time awaken your minds to basic human qualities....'

That's why people post, read and laugh on here !

On Alan's point some photographers can be a little strange I think, steer clear of strange photographers.
Wise words Clare, I think someone should tell this to old Trumpy , or maybe they have and failed!

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 06:21 PM   #19
Poppy470
Egg

Hi there everyone, I am a new member and a novice in this field, I have 2 Mediterranean tortoises, that had to be rehomed urgently. They are both males, the previous owner had split the vivarium into two because he said they were fighting? Is this normal? I've been told they are 6yrs old, both have been checked over by the vet who said they are in poor condition. They had been on the wrong food but apart from dandelions, they are not eating much at the moment, when I figure out how to post pictures I will upload some. Just wanted to say Hi to everyone, Great site for info!!
Poppy470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 10:02 PM   #20
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

Hi Poppy and welcome to the forum!

It's correct that male tortoises often fight once they past a certain size. It varies between species.
The males of the sort I have always fight once they are more than a few years old and I separate them.

Tortoises often don't eat much if there is a big change so I wouldnt worry about that right now.

We love to see photos!