Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Pictures

Old 25-01-2007, 08:16 PM   #41
Becks
Adult

i use my real name now but u can see why some dont m8
otherwise
u have alot of the same usernames and no 1 knowing what becks is becks and what darren is darren ect etc

horsfields ,redfoots ,southern and northan morrocans,
map turtle .

http://www.redfoottortoiseplace.piczo.com
Becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 08:20 PM   #42
Henry-flash
Adult

Send a message via MSN to Henry-flash

I use my username now, because I have used it since I started using tortoise forums and now a lot of people know me as Henry-flash. I do not hide who I am as you will see my name is in my sig.

The North West Tortoise Group
Henry-flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 10:15 PM   #43
Eire_Ade
Super Moderator
Adult

My user name is Eire Ade, Eire because I live in Ireland and Ade because thats my name, shortend from Adrian, plus I always sign off as Ade I have nothing to hide.

Ade

My Tortoises :- Dug (Testudo Graeca Ibera Terrestris (Syrian), Penny, JJ (JennyJack), Buttons and Gem (Testudo Graeca Ibera)
Eire_Ade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 10:33 PM   #44
mich
Incubating

Hi Darren,

Bizarre mate. You can do no right it seems mate! Sell them, breed them, give them away, someone is always having a dig at you. Now someone wants you to kill the eggs...
I have a very large pair of Elongated tortoises amongst others, in fact the largest I have seen in this country and they are so easy to keep. Yes I have given over the garage to my torts to give them the space they all need. Before buying I read up on what I was going to be taking on and decided I could keep them and give them the room needed.
I now have babies and one day when it is time to move them on they will go to good homes with an understanding that in 15 years the tort will be 9-10 inches and space needs will be a consideration.
I have 5 adult elongated and have had 3 lots of eggs this year of which the hatch rate was only 30% at best, this is the 1st year these adults have laid in 5 years!
For me this is my favorite out all tortoises and much maligned due to the very aggressive breeding ritual. I find them to have an excellent personality, easy to feed and lots of interaction with me.

Darren, great news with the laying and good luck with the eggs.

Mich
mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 01:10 AM   #45
veebee
Sub Adult

Well Darren what more can I add that hasnt already been said in all these wonderful comments about you.

We are all in agreement that uk breeders are the way forward for all breeds of tortoise, that email must surely be from a dealer who obviously feels threatened. If someone wants this breed of tortoise then thats what they want, much better to get one from you or any other uk breeder than some dodgy petshop/internet site. If you dont incubate your five eggs that mean 5 imports will be sold thus fuelling more imports to be brought into the country. Take no notice and certainly dont take it to heart, we need you as a breeder.

Vivienne
veebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 08:38 AM   #46
piglet
Adult

Hi All
Really sorry for not posting earlier but didn't really know what to say except a real be thank you for all the very kind words and support it’s extremely appreciated.
Again thank you all very much it’s a big help reading these post’s knowing so many friends out there make all the crap we get worth while.

Darren

17 years old 25 years ago
piglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 09:06 PM   #47
yam yam
Sub Adult

you dont have to say anything you are always there for us and i feel if something needs saying then shout it from the roof tops good luck with the eggs

0.0.1 Testudo hermanni
yam yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 09:10 PM   #48
Eire_Ade
Super Moderator
Adult

No need for thanks Darren, more like Thank You

Ade

My Tortoises :- Dug (Testudo Graeca Ibera Terrestris (Syrian), Penny, JJ (JennyJack), Buttons and Gem (Testudo Graeca Ibera)
Eire_Ade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 09:56 PM   #49
Glitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eire_Ade
No need for thanks Darren, more like Thank You

Ade
here here :P