Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 06-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #11
ethelandedna
Incubating

Thanks for the continuing help and advice. I was wondering if we were getting a bit warm with the bath water.

He has a bath in quite a big shallow tray. He likes to be able to peer over the side while he has a soak. I tried a deeper ice cream tub but the sides were transparent and he was getting freaked out - bashing his nose on the side and not at all happy.

Back to the big tray.

Unfortunately it does cool down very quickly but will go a bit cooler tomorrow.

Having said this he has eaten quite a bit today. We are still waking him up every day though. Temps are all OK but we get him up, give him a bath and then tempt him with food. Sometimes he'll stay up and active but most times he just goes back to one of his hides and sleeps again. What a life!
ethelandedna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #12
Beverley
Adult

Wink

Keep on doing what you are doing and give him time. As long as his nose is dry and his eyes are bright.
Tortoises can take time to get used to new surroundings. You may find as the temps rise outside and days get longer he will become more active. I have a tortoise here that was like that for 3 or 4 months before he became active. He is a brilliant tort now
Old 07-03-2011, 09:04 AM   #13
ethelandedna
Incubating

Thanks. Will do.

Think I may have found a tort vet as well to get him checked over. If she seems OK I'll post a thread.
ethelandedna is offline   Reply With Quote