Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Housing

Old 22-03-2019, 12:16 AM   #1
mattjstar1
Hatchling

Default Security Camera

Hi Guys, Do any of you use security cameras on your tortoise enclosure? last week i bought the arlo pro 2 for 475 pounds but due to 30 second lag ive decided to return it tomorrow, The arlo is wire free with 7 days free memory which is why its so appealing right so any recommendations would be appreciated xx
mattjstar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 09:27 PM   #2
CherryBrandy
Adult

do you mean web cams Matt? onto apps on phones? I am probably being v v dim...its a long week and I had lasagne , cheese makes me do lally,

Lovely to hear from you ! hope we get some photos soon too ! CB
Old 22-03-2019, 09:53 PM   #3
mattjstar1
Hatchling

Hey cb, Im looking to get outside security camera to keep an eye on things day and night but theres so many to choose from so i was wondering if any of you guys use any lol yes i do need to upload some photos as ive got new additions to my gang xx
Old 23-03-2019, 11:36 AM   #4
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

Hi Matt, I'm at the stage before you....interested and looked at some, got totally confused and haven't bought anything yet.

As you say, so many on market. Huge range of prices. Some set-ups come with ongoing charging for cloud based storage. I'm not keen on that idea - paying for ever.
Old 23-03-2019, 12:41 PM   #5
burnt toast
Adult

Probably not what your looking for. But take a look at "clever dog" I'm using them to watch certain torts / areas.

Each camera only costs around £20 links to an app on smart phone (really is simple, if I can phathom it, believe me any one can!) you can add lots of cameras to cover different areas. They also let you speak, to the area?!

(I also have a couple of video baby monitors to spy on a non see thru, far away greenhouse! Such a clear picture & even tells me the temperature)
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2019, 02:46 PM   #6
mattjstar1
Hatchling

Jonathan thats why i bought the arlo pro 2 no ongoing charge like most of the others on the market, Anyway i wasn't happy with the arlo i sent it back due to the lag time very disappointed.
Burnt toast my friend also has clever dog which she is very happy with ive look at so many and read reviews i think my mind is blown out with it all so ill leave it over weekend and get back on it next week lol maybe get a professional company in who will do the lot in one go if i got enough cash lol xx
Old 24-03-2019, 10:47 AM   #7
jimothy
Egg

I bought a couple of the super cheap Chinese ones off amazon (<£30) and am perfectly happy with them. They don’t do anything fancy other than pan, tilt, zoom and they don’t record unless you put a memory card in them. But fine for checking on them when I’m bored at work!
jimothy is offline   Reply With Quote