Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Turtles and Terrapins > Aquatic, Semi-Aquatic, and Terrestrial Turtles

Old 01-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #11
Dravena1995
Egg

hmm i don't know how else i can show you them
Dravena1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #12
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

Do you have a photobucket account?

Danny
Old 02-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #13
H20
Incubating

I copied them from the other forum...if you need more help with pics just ask hun...Hope this helps x

H20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #14
Dravena1995
Egg

Thank you very much that helps alot .was having trouble trying to get them up on any thign .thank you x
Old 02-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #15
H20
Incubating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravena1995 View Post
Thank you very much that helps alot .was having trouble trying to get them up on any thign .thank you x
No probs hun...feel free to ask...if you put any up on the other site I can copy on to here...happy to help x

He/She is a good size...
H20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #16
ClareandCo
Sub Adult

At that size I would say in view of the thinner tail and short front claws it is a female. In which case she will reach 12"+ needing a very large tank/indoor pond and an outdoor pond for the summer.

A good quality external filter - Eheim 2213, 2215 or 2217 (or you can make your own), uv and a heat lamp. The scutes will naturally come away as she basks under a heat lamp at 30c - 35c. Water temperature of 20c/room temperature is ok. A good quality pellet such as Reptomin and some wheatgerm pellets together with duckweed, pondweed, Romaine lettuce and you will see an improvement in her.

Just wondered why you thought she had shell rot? How are you treating this? I cannot see any (my eyes even with glasses aren't brilliant though!).
ClareandCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #17
Dravena1995
Egg

thank you H20 .
ok thats cool ,at least i can give her a name now .she is in small tank atm but i will get her a bigger one when i can .got an outside pond to so i can get that sorted for her as well .thank you for the information it helps a lot.

on the bottom of her shell near her head she has a red patch and it looks a bit gunkie .the red bit seams to be falling off and leaving a small hole in the shell.After looking up on the internet i thought this may be signs of shell rot .well so far i have just sorted out her tank so it the right condition for her and arranged to take her to a reptile breeder that i know to take a look at her.

You mentioned the scutes is that the lose layers of shell on her back ? still learning about all this .
Old 02-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #18
ClareandCo
Sub Adult

Yes scutes are the layers of shell that naturally shed as you can see there are some ready to come away. Don't pick at them.

I did see the mark at the top that you describe, but its not clear enough from the photo. Shell rot is nasty and can smell, weep and be unpleasant. Once it is confirmed she will need to be taken out of the water and be treated and then allowed to dry dock - where she sits under a heat source, but can also move away from it when she wants and then is put back into the water. This unfortunately can go on for months.

Hopefully your contact can advise you on this, but if you need any more help just ask! If you can get some clearer photos it would help.
ClareandCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #19
Dravena1995
Egg

ahh ok then ,was wondering about them.
I will try and get some clear photos for you .I did read up on how to treat it and if my friend can confirm that it is shell rot i will start treating her.thank you for your help it is appreciated.
Sadly the vets around my area are not very good and have had them make situations that could of been easily treated made a lot worst just so they can make some extra money .It is information from forums like this and breeders that i know that help me keep my pets in good condition.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #20
Dravena1995
Egg

H20 would you be able to copy more pics from the other site onto this one again for me ?

Tags
care, housing, illness, terrapins