Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-04-2007, 12:42 PM   #11
Fallen Angel
Sub Adult

It goes back to the old saying i suppose "if you dont have anything good to say dont say anything at all"

This forum has a reputation for being informative and friendly lets keep it that way.

I too was upset by recent events but tried to be constructive as i believe this is the only way through a sensitive matter such as this one and i hope alot of people where able to talk things through with the younger members of their family this has been a learning curve for everyone. Dervla's choice to keep out of it seems like a very sensible and mature one to me, she is going to grow into a very sensible and responsible young lady im sure, she is already doing an excellent job. Its too easy to let the heart rule the head.

Nicky
Old 11-04-2007, 12:56 PM   #12
kaz9t9
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to kaz9t9

i think recent situations have just been a bit desperate and it is easier to react to angrily than to be constructivly critical. im sure that things will now return to a more friendly and helpfull nature. sorry if i have said anything out of place or offended anyone. i think we could all learn a thing or two over what has occurred in recent weeks
Old 11-04-2007, 01:09 PM   #13
Dazza
Adult

LOL

What a great thread with a very important message !!

However to read its like reading the mintues of the AA meeting !!

My names Darren and i am a a a a a a a tort-aholic

Funny as !!

On a more serious note aprilinda is a very caring lady i was bullied here once and she helped me through

dazza
Dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:22 PM   #14
kaz9t9
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to kaz9t9

LOL dazza, well we are all as good as addicts on here!
Old 11-04-2007, 02:50 PM   #15
Pussygalore
Adult

this posting is a bit ironic considering how nasty people have been on another posting which is running at present, I think everyone should think before they hurt others there is to much of that going on the world without us having to join in.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #16
Cheffi

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax
this posting is a bit ironic considering how nasty people have been on another posting which is running at present, I think everyone should think before they hurt others there is to much of that going on the world without us having to join in.
I agree and some people on this forum should think before they hurt and kill their tortoises especially when they have been given help and advice on a daily basis for months and months and still choose to ignore it.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:41 PM   #17
TANK
Hatched

Send a message via MSN to TANK

8) :P

couldn't resist!

1.0.2 -Testdu graeca ibera-Tank,Clover,Peach!
1.1.0-dogs-Ben,Molly
3.1.0- Lavender Bantum Chickens (:
TANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:53 PM   #18
Fallen Angel
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax
Unfortunatly this post has for some reason been reopened it was closed yesterday

Nicky
Old 11-04-2007, 04:39 PM   #19
sarah
Administrator
Adult

Yes it has been opened so that others can have their say, most of it is needed and i am disgusted and very very upset that this tortoise has had to die.

STRUGGLING TO FIND WEEDS? LOOK AT OUR DRIED WEEDS 'READY TO FEED'

Home of 'Grow Your Own Food' Bearded Dragon, Tortoise, Rabbit, Hamster seed mixes from 89p FREE POST
Livefood, Thermostats, Housing, Heating, Mercury Vapour bulbs, UVB etc etc CHEAP PRICES
TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:15 PM   #20
poppy
Egg

I am new(ish) to this forum, and this is my first post and I don't want to upset anyone BUT...

If all of you have been having concerns for a year, over the care of an animal, can I ask if anyone called in the RSPCA to take a look at the situation? If not, why not, and if not then I think that despite all the help and advice you have all have been kind enough to give, then everyone should take some responsibility for recent sad events. A 14 year old is not responsible enough to be in charge of ANY animal, let alone one who takes so much looking after and I feel this case should have been handed over to someone in a position to do something about it.

Just my opinion
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote