Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 19-04-2010, 04:40 PM   #271
EquestrianBabe
Adult

Send a message via MSN to EquestrianBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomyda View Post
Have not got time to translate the whole piece, but the headline reads "Management of Carapax leave, Animals stay"!
Check the report on the BCG website, which is clearly contradicted.
Do you understand that language or does something translate it for you? Wow! Whats Carapax? Am interested to find out more. And what does BCG stand for? Thanks x
Old 19-04-2010, 04:43 PM   #272
EJ
Adult

Wow... British Chelonian Group.

This is the exact reason I think this thread is so hurtful.

This mud slinging is aimed at a very small portion of the BCG and what it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquestrianBabe View Post
Do you understand that language or does something translate it for you? Wow! Whats Carapax? Am interested to find out more. And what does BCG stand for? Thanks x
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
Old 19-04-2010, 04:57 PM   #273
helen1
Sub Adult

Well said Ed...I have been trying to sum up my feelings re this whole matter and you have just encapsulated it....I feel very sad and hurt for all the lovely people in the BCG whose other work, here in UK, with tortoises is being belittled by this b....y campaign...it smacks yet again of people telling the whole world about their own gripe and not giving us the intelligence to work it out for ourselves and reach our own conclusions and decisions. To be honest there is enough of this on TV at the moment with the debates between the 2 main parties...
Old 19-04-2010, 06:22 PM   #274
Box girl
Sub Adult

I am one of those members who has worked for over 20 years and raised tens of thousands of pounds for conservation and worked hard for members and non members alike, for the same number of years.
The RESULT I have had my membership revoked. I agree with all of you that the grass roots of the BCG is a wonderful organisation and have said so many, many times on this forum.
Be thankful that you are able to express your views I have and have had my membership revoked. There is one rule for one person and another for me all I ask is WHY?!!

Money raised to Allwetter Zoo Muenster e6000 sent so far.

Have bred-red foots, yellow foots, eastern box, 3 toed box, ornate box, gulf coast box, common musk, elongated tortoise, red eared terrapin, cuora flavomarginata, cuora amboinensis, hermanns tortoise, horsfield tortoise, rhinoclemys.p. manni,
european pond turtle, reeves and spurs
Old 19-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #275
helen1
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box girl View Post
I am one of those members who has worked for over 20 years and raised tens of thousands of pounds for conservation and worked hard for members and non members alike, for the same number of years.
The RESULT I have had my membership revoked. I agree with all of you that the grass roots of the BCG is a wonderful organisation and have said so many, many times on this forum.
Be thankful that you are able to express your views I have and have had my membership revoked. There is one rule for one person and another for me all I ask is WHY?!!
Then why be so petty as to gripe about a newsletter?? and then demand to know how this occured and talk of making people responsible!...face it if your member ship has been revoked...rightly or wrongly...then get over it and move on. Spend more time with shelled friends...ie the TORTOISES...and less on the net. I used to spend tons of time on the net but to be honest SOME of it was a waste and better spent on practicalities..
Old 19-04-2010, 07:23 PM   #276
Geomyda
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen1 View Post
Well said Ed...I have been trying to sum up my feelings re this whole matter and you have just encapsulated it....I feel very sad and hurt for all the lovely people in the BCG whose other work, here in UK, with tortoises is being belittled by this b....y campaign...it smacks yet again of people telling the whole world about their own gripe and not giving us the intelligence to work it out for ourselves and reach our own conclusions and decisions. To be honest there is enough of this on TV at the moment with the debates between the 2 main parties...
To put this in perspective, yet again. Some of us have just returned from Germany, where we attended an International Symposium on Chelonian conservation. I was once again collared by amongst others, the head of the European Studbook Foundation and asked why is it, that correspondence sent to the Conservation Officer of the British Chelonia Group goes unanswered; FOR VERY LONG PERIODS?
This was never the case in the past when Bob Langton held the post.
If one tracks this thread back to its roots in the Autumn of 2008, the criticism starts and finishes with the seeming inability of officers to carry out their respective tasks.
THIS IS THE PROBLEM, AND IS A DISGRACE TO THE FORMER GOOD NAME OF THE BCG!!!
Old 19-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #277
helen1
Sub Adult

There are 2 clear choices here...

Be a member and hey...no one is perfect.

Dont be a member and let those that are be happy...as am I... doing what they do...

I just wish I was perfect.

If I was so desperately unhappy with things then I sure as hell wouldnt waste my time or energy trying to prove something. I would just get on with it and try to do a better job myself...quietly.
Old 19-04-2010, 09:19 PM   #278
Geomyda
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen1 View Post
There are 2 clear choices here...

Be a member and hey...no one is perfect.

Dont be a member and let those that are be happy...as am I... doing what they do...

I just wish I was perfect.

If I was so desperately unhappy with things then I sure as hell wouldnt waste my time or energy trying to prove something. I would just get on with it and try to do a better job myself...quietly.
Helen,
Your right, nobody is perfect, but is that an excuse for incompetence?
Old 19-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #279
helen1
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomyda View Post
Helen,
Your right, nobody is perfect, but is that an excuse for incompetence?
I would question your use of the word incompetence...i think there are far too many unknowns and factors to this whole discussion to apply the true meaning of the word incompetence.

As I tenatatively refered earlier...this all smacks too loudly of politics/sides/opinions and in politics there is no winner as even the winner doesnt really win and for sure the voters do not..
Old 19-04-2010, 10:08 PM   #280
helen1
Sub Adult

I agree that this thread should come to an end.....free speech and all that aside...shelled warriors is providing an arena for something which goes far deeper than just Carapax and has been going on for many years before Carapax. We are only seeing one side and I think the BCG is acting admirably in not falling for this old trick and keeping their heads down.

If a constitution allows for the expulsion of members then so be it, the BCG were no doubt as worn down by all this as many peeps on here are.....it is tiresome in the extreme.