Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 29-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #11
alotoffluff
Adult

Location: greenwich, london, previously born and brought up in Kent!

wow, i felt out of breath after reading all that! Glad its all sorted out now though!
Guys, i hope the romance goes well, and Dugy, you best start on that castle soon!
alotoffluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #12
Mrs Frog
Adult

Mrs Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #13
cazzykins
Hatched

Haha glad everything's worked out You hoping for lickle tort babies at the end of all this then?
cazzykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 05:27 PM   #14
dugy
Juvenile

i dunno, possibly.. it will be few years until they reach maturity.. i just think percy needs a girlfriend and why settle with one girlfriend when you can have two?

i'm also interested in observing group behaviours i.e can, possibly, a 'pack' be formed? how do the torts react when seeing each other for the first time? after a quaranteen if i put some substrate from the females setup into percy's will i see a change in behaviour due to smell? will they accept living with each other? why not if not? will percy be the alpha male or will girl power kick in? i have lots of things i want to know that can be read up on although i would like to find out for myself! keeps me out of trouble!

x
dugy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 05:28 PM   #15
dugy
Juvenile

oh, i have started the castle... its kind of, like, it looks abit similar to something that may resemble a shoebox? extentions are being planned...
Old 29-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #16
purplelinda

ok so once you buy these 2 they are yours do do with as you wish BUT is not the seller under the impresion that he is selling them as a pair so they stay together?
Old 29-03-2009, 05:39 PM   #17
dugy
Juvenile

am i a bad person if i say yes?

i've had mass debates with my consience over this but i know that the two will have a great life and trust the new owner of the male...

the way i see it is the seller is moving house soon and needs these rehomed, i can get these two torts a great life but not together, well they wont be lonely but not with each other..

plus the 8year old is with the 4 year old and apparently starting to get frisky.. he is a big fella n i would be worried of him hurting her so even if i kept them i recon eventually they would need seperated...

or am i bad for not respecting the seller??
Old 29-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #18
Joanne2407
Juvenile

Congratulations on the new torts! You need to hope the seller of the 2 torts doesn't join this forum lol. I think he might have something to say but once they are yours you can do what you want with them. Good luck, Joanne xx
Old 29-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #19
dugy
Juvenile

=[ i know but i dont wanna be evil, i know that teh torts wont mind but its being respectful of other people... i think i will maybe hint that theres a possibility of seperation.....
Old 29-03-2009, 06:05 PM   #20
purplelinda

i could come down on either side, neither is right or wrong

but the present owner must feel something for them, to try and home them together, i dont suppose the torts will be that bothered, but i guess the present owner would be a tad upset

and i know they are getting good homes....