Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 29-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #1
dugy
Juvenile

Default what on earth is dugy up to?

right well teh past few days i have posted various bits of info regarding me getting new torts.. i've changed my mind umpteen times on buying another and which ones and what not!!

right well i now know what i'm doing!!

the pet shop incodent is forgotten and i will no longer have anything to do with buying from a petshop.. i demanded my refund yesterday in cash and got it!

so i bought a 'female' yesterday who was previously bought by the owner from a breeder.. i have been able to identify him as well, a him! his tail is fat to start but does get slimmer but not as slim as a females.. it is also large enough to be identified as a male... his anus is a straight slit which means to be a male (females are star like) and lastly their is a slight concave of then plastron (male horsfields do not always have a concave and sometimes it is only very slight!

eee i feel so clever... when i first started with torts i didnt think i would ever gain all of this knowledge! its thanks to all you guys..

right basically.. the tort i got yesterday.. its approx 4.5 inches long and 3.5 inches wide it weighs in at 295 grams so according to the mcintyr ratio it is slightly underweight... i simply cannot keep another male a my torts have to be kept in my bedroom and i have limited space. a girl i work with is happy to take him tonight (if her hubby lets her) i have went through the husbundary with her and she ensures me that she will adhere to all of my strict rules! i see her alot and go over often for a cuppa so this way i can keep an eye on the litttle dude!

i am buying the two torts that i made a thread about in teh for sale section, i will keep the female and lindso is going to have the male for her dad! the previous owner has ensured me that they are completly healthy and he keeps a close eye for any health implications although i will keep her in quarintene for at least a good few months.. she will also be going straight to the vets for a worming and a good look over... and after quaranteen will, if she wants to join percy...

so this means that i will still be looking for another female... i just hope its more straight forward than this time!! i was soo confused yesterday!

and that is the message i sent to jackie, i decided that i would share it with all as it was a big long essay and my fingers would appreciate the recognition!

so thats my update.. for now!

thanks all for all the info over the last few months! i thought it would make me geeky having torties but the girls seem to love it! just an added bonus to the tortoise world!

dugy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 03:02 PM   #2
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugy View Post
a girl i work with is happy to take him tonight (if her hubby lets her)

Glad you've got it all sorted dugy
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
dugy
Juvenile

whats the shock for?

(i don't get it )
Old 29-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #4
linda
Adult

dugy ive pm you
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 03:21 PM   #5
dugy
Juvenile

haha, i get it now, thanks linda!! my hungover state makes it hard to understand jokes although i'm nearly cured......

alan thats terrible!

rude boy......
Old 29-03-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
sky
Adult

Nice one Dugy, glad your sorted!!!!!!!! lol
1 grumpy husband
sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 03:30 PM   #7
Mrs Frog
Adult

Dugy you are funny

Now you have mentioned me in your post at the beginning it gives our secret romance away
Mrs Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #8
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda View Post
dugy ive pm you
Thanks linda
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 03:35 PM   #9
Vixen
Hatched

Send a message via MSN to Vixen

Good luck with that hun i've only had harry for 6 months and i'm still learning new things all the time! i want to get him a play mate later on in the year say aug,coz i dont want him to be lonely.do you think he would take to having a house mate,after being on his own for a while? he still fits in the palm of my hand awwwww! so i want to learn as much as i can before i think about getting another hermans.
Vixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #10
dugy
Juvenile

i'll take teh funny thing as a compliment..... jackie, we cannot hide it any longer.... one day i shall build us a castle to live in....

kelly, its hit and miss... torts in the wild are solitary animals.. in captivity they can lead a very happy life alone and also with mates.. you must be prepared to seperate them if they do not get along though =]