Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 19-06-2007, 09:00 AM   #11
kim davies
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to kim davies

no i didnt sell my tortoises to buy my pup!why does someone always have say something!i already had sam before i had sell them.for one,my electricity was extremly high which i couldnt afford.secondly,no my oh doesnt like animals but it doesnt mean i dont.thinking of getting him a crate see if that works.kel,hes a springer spaniel cross collie.very lively!never sleeps!
Old 19-06-2007, 09:13 AM   #12
westcountrygirl
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim davies
i already had sam before i had sell them.for one,my electricity was extremly high which i couldnt afford.secondly,no my oh doesnt like animals but it doesnt mean i dont.thinking of getting him a crate see if that works.kel,hes a springer spaniel cross collie.very lively!never sleeps!
Well that says it all Kim. You can't afford to keep these animals, maybe that's why you keep buying and selling them. One in one out. If you can't afford to keep them don't get them and personally I think it's ridiculous to keep bringing animals in when you have inferred and now admitted your oh doesn't like them. Oh dear I can't see the poor puppy lasting very long either.
westcountrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #13
niamherrity
Adult

I use a crate for my dog there brilliant I never have to worry when I go out that he has been hurt chewing wires and my house doesn't get eaten He chooses to sleep in it during the day and if i'm up late he will put himself to bed The breeder I bought him from used a crate with him and she advised me to get one it's the best thing I ever did.

Also when my very small nephew comes to visit I can lock finn away as my nephew this it's great fun to pull him around
niamherrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 10:08 AM   #14
KearasNana
Sub Adult

When we got our 2 westies, we just used the newspaper and they spray that Kelly was talking about. We took them into the garden regularly and before and after meals, and just made a massive fuss of them when they went to the toilet outside. They soon picked it up and in no time would go to the door to tell us hey need to go out. These days the minute I say the word toilet they are at the door and out in the garden!
I guess its just like potty training a child, they need to be taught in a kind loveing and careing way, they are only learning after all!
Good luck with it all
Old 19-06-2007, 10:17 AM   #15
jackjordandylan
Incubating

Well that says it all Kim. You can't afford to keep these animals, maybe that's why you keep buying and selling them. One in one out. If you can't afford to keep them don't get them and personally I think it's ridiculous to keep bringing animals in when you have inferred and now admitted your oh doesn't like them. Oh dear I can't see the poor puppy lasting very long either. [/quote]

Kim has come on here asking for advice on training her puppy not to be slated for having to sell her torts due to financial reasons (which she didnt have to disclose). To me that is putting her tortoises first - after all there have been members on here in the past who have been attacked for not giving their tortoises up when they obviously cant afford to keep them.

With regards to your puppy Kim, keep on persevering with the training, when my Westie was a puppy he had his good days and his bad days, just keep on giving lots of praise when he does go outside and make sure he goes in the same place every time so it becomes repetative. Also dont forget to take out some insurance just in case anything ever happens so your not hit with a huge vet bill!

Good luck!
jackjordandylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 11:51 AM   #16
Lyn
Adult

Yes insurance is a MUST. I would be finding things seriusly hard if I didn't have it. Georges treatment is running into thousands and this is just since last october and the insurance company have been great
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 06:08 PM   #17
kim davies
Sub Adult

listen i havent got to justify myself.the tortoises had to go for reasons im not disgussing and the puppy is going nowhere!now alls i asked was advice on how paper train him.just because my oh dont like animals much its doesnt mean he doesnt care for them.i cant be bothered anymore.going use the advice ive been given and leave it at that.thanks for destroying a simple thread.
Old 19-06-2007, 06:15 PM   #18
kim davies
Sub Adult

i should have explained better.he can come in the house just cant sleep in the house.hes in all the time.hes spoilt.yea he pees in the outhouse not poo though. hes weed outside alot today only pooed once in the house.hes not a bad pup hes only young.still learning realy.x
Old 19-06-2007, 07:37 PM   #19
Jo666
Incubating

Toilet training a puppy is intensive work.....you need to watch them the whole time they are awake, particulary when they have just woken up, been fed and start sniffing for an appropriate spot. I have kept lots of dogs and found that taking a puppy outside at 'critical' times is vital to associate 'outside' with 'toilet'. Ignore accidents in the house, but give lots and lots of praise for going to the loo outside.
Springers are beautiful dogs, I used to have one.......they need an incredible amount of exercise, hope your prepared

Jo
Jo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007, 01:01 PM   #20
kim davies
Sub Adult

yep.got my wellies on constant stand by.goes for two 2hr walks a day.been quite good yesterday n today.just got in n i let him have run of house whilst i was out!big mistake!hes eaten 3 kitchen rolls n my best sandals!oh well,he gave me a lovely kiss so cant be mad!x