Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 27-06-2018, 08:34 PM   #11
Theodora
Egg

Cool Theodora a newbie

Hi everyone, I’m a new tortoise owner and am very happy to have found this site. I have a rescued 6 year old Horsefield tortoise and am trying to persuade him to eat weed leaves rather than lettuce, cucumber and strawberries. As a result he hasn’t eaten anything for several days. Any suggestions? He has a secure pen and is outside for 24 hours with shelter, water, cuttlefishbone and food that he won’t eat. He is happy being outside at least
Theodora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2018, 08:54 PM   #12
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan1 View Post
He definitely sounds like a web crawler
Exactly !

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Don't you heckle him out the window: "Oi, I'm trying to watch Poldark here, if you don't mind!!" ???
Actually that would be really polite heckling for me...

I'm sure Suze would just cut the lead to his mower if it was her neighbour interrupting Poldark!
Ha !! I have seen the cut of your jib and its jib sharp funny !

I remember my brother making me watch the potato header lawn mower killer film when I was younger , its was awful film and still have images of a potato headed lawn mower person who was a tad unhinged , so I am happy with Alan's assessment for now but may have to call in reinforcements by way of Suze lead sniper.....
Old 27-06-2018, 10:09 PM   #13
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
Exactly !

Ha !! I have seen the cut of your jib and its jib sharp funny !

I remember my brother making me watch the potato header lawn mower killer film when I was younger , its was awful film and still have images of a potato headed lawn mower person who was a tad unhinged , so I am happy with Alan's assessment for now but may have to call in reinforcements by way of Suze lead sniper.....

I’ve never heard of the potato headed lawn mower killer! Must google it!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2018, 09:31 PM   #14
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodora View Post
Hi everyone, I’m a new tortoise owner and am very happy to have found this site. I have a rescued 6 year old Horsefield tortoise and am trying to persuade him to eat weed leaves rather than lettuce, cucumber and strawberries. As a result he hasn’t eaten anything for several days. Any suggestions? He has a secure pen and is outside for 24 hours with shelter, water, cuttlefishbone and food that he won’t eat. He is happy being outside at least
Quote:

I’ve never heard of the potato headed lawn mower killer! Must google it!
Goooooogle ! see if its there , I must do that ! don't accept cookies ! 108 users today !
Hello Theodora as you can see the subjects span across topics like a swirling river ! We know you weren't a web crawler ! Yes he should be fine just a little choosy. doesn't matter what I feed my Horsfields they will just eat the dandelions....though today they ate grapevine leafs , phew as hardly any weeds about. Your posts will be all out of order until you post 5 then it should be live time ! CB
Old 01-07-2018, 08:25 AM   #15
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Don't you heckle him out the window: "Oi, I'm trying to watch Poldark here, if you don't mind!!" ???
Actually that would be really polite heckling for me...

I'm sure Suze would just cut the lead to his mower if it was her neighbour interrupting Poldark!
I would certainly be less polite than “ oi, I’m trying to watch Poldark here” I would probably cut his lead without hesitation

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 08:29 AM   #16
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodora View Post
If he’s only just come to live with you recently, he may need a bit more settling in time. Tortoises are not good with change and it can take weeks or in some cases even months to settle. If he is used to these naughty foods , like strawberries etc, it can take a lot of time and patience to change him over to more suitable weeds, but keep trying and you will get there in the end.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote