Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 09:01 PM   #21
sarah
Administrator
Adult

It must be Lisa, if they knew of deans reputation im sure there was no way they would have sold to him. I mean I bet he brough them for £500 and sold them for £1000 has dealer written all over it.

STRUGGLING TO FIND WEEDS? LOOK AT OUR DRIED WEEDS 'READY TO FEED'

Home of 'Grow Your Own Food' Bearded Dragon, Tortoise, Rabbit, Hamster seed mixes from 89p FREE POST
Livefood, Thermostats, Housing, Heating, Mercury Vapour bulbs, UVB etc etc CHEAP PRICES
TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
Old 12-07-2006, 09:01 PM   #22
sarah
Administrator
Adult

It must be Lisa, if they knew of deans reputation im sure there was no way they would have sold to him. I mean I bet he brough them for £500 and sold them for £1000 has dealer written all over it. But Im sure they are healthy tortoises.

Home of 'Grow Your Own Food' Bearded Dragon, Tortoise, Rabbit, Hamster seed mixes from 89p FREE POST
Livefood, Thermostats, Housing, Heating, Mercury Vapour bulbs, UVB etc etc CHEAP PRICES
TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
Old 12-07-2006, 09:28 PM   #23
michaela
Incubating

i bought my from thanet they are the only uk breeders that i am aware of. i paid £350 for mine. i have ordered another for next year they have 2 pairs. so i have ordered my next one from the other pair.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:31 PM   #24
michaela
Incubating

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl19
i thought that michaela that there was only 2 breeders in the uk and that was y i thought it rare that u would get 2 from different parents.
hi carl i only have 1 egyptian. but they do have 2 pairs so it would be possible to have 2 babies from 2 different parents.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:08 PM   #25
piglet
Adult

Are these two true unrelated pairs or an adult unrelated pair and a sibling pair from the adult pair?
Darren

17 years old 25 years ago
Old 12-07-2006, 10:09 PM   #26
carl20
Hatchling

ah right i understand, maybe dean is pretending to be a keeper and buying them to sell on. someone should warn them. could you lisa, it sounds like he is making 150 per tort.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:04 PM   #27
shootinglou79
Sub Adult

what is the big difference if they are related????
Old 12-07-2006, 11:48 PM   #28
tgidarren
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah
It must be Lisa, if they knew of deans reputation im sure there was no way they would have sold to him. I mean I bet he brough them for £500 and sold them for £1000 has dealer written all over it. But Im sure they are healthy tortoises.
Not the best of sources is it?

The people who visited may well be the breeders and the babies may come from the Adults displayed, but then again I've had the odd run-in with Clackett and what he says can literally change from one sentence to the next.

TgiDarren
Old 13-07-2006, 11:54 AM   #29
lucy1234
Egg

Soryy dealer or no dealer i met the breeders and the dealer as you all seem to refer to him as and i am happy with them so sorry to be blunt but dean and the breeders seem to do alot of buisness together as dean said he has known them for many years and they agreed. They must know how much he is making as they where stood in the same room when i handed the money to him and he gave me a reciet. Sorry again if my purchase has some how up set you all you mmust not like this dean but i found him to be nice and cared about the tortoises and at the end of the day he has to make a living as he is a liceded shop and has over heads and that is all i have to say. Very dissapointed in the reaction i have recieved from a thread that started of so nice seems like dean is a threat to some people that are selling in his area.
Old 13-07-2006, 12:24 PM   #30
sarah
Administrator
Adult

Sorry we did not mean to come over nasty, we have had very bad dealing with Dean he is not a nice man, he is nice when money is involved. How are you sure that they where the breeders? Dean is not allowed on this forum or on most other forums.

I wish you all the best with your tortoises and I am sure they are very healthy and happy.

TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
Closed Thread