Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Pictures

Old 12-07-2015, 07:50 PM   #11
Gordon
Adult

I think it looks great well done to you both I like the use of mesh underneath that should stop them digging out.
I'm sure it will be fine till you move in the spring at least you will have a bit of time to make plans for you old man.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:52 PM   #12
Taszia
Hatchling

Thank you we can't wait to move just thought it would be nice to let them get more fresh air whilst we can

2 Dogs . Alfie. Riley.1 Cat . Lillyum.1Cockatoo. Cookey.2 baby THB . Geoffrey/Geoffreyna. Georgina/George.
Taszia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:56 PM   #13
Gordon
Adult

You will never win if you can get them outside I think that's more important than not having a football field to run around on.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:19 PM   #14
Taszia
Hatchling

Thank you I'm just trying to do what I can with the space I have til we move without feeling like I've done wrong or not good enough . They'd happier than they would be in a glass tank in a store so I'm happy

2 Dogs . Alfie. Riley.1 Cat . Lillyum.1Cockatoo. Cookey.2 baby THB . Geoffrey/Geoffreyna. Georgina/George.
Old 13-07-2015, 08:12 AM   #15
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taszia View Post
Yes it will do as they are still small and is only til the end of what's left of our good weather . Just some people are positively friendly and others act in a manner that makes new people feel slightly uncomfortable welcome or even good enough to attempt what they think is a good deed considering most are still in tanks from pet stores . But thank you for being one of those straight to the point types . Much appreciated
I never mean to offend, but I also don't pussy foot around:0)
Life is too short for that.
If everyone said "how wonderful or great" you would or could be putting the health of your tortoise at risk.
Too smaller enclosure for a long time can stress tortoises out, in turn can bring out underlying health issues.
I have been keeping and breeding tortoises for over 34yrs so do have some experience with this. And don't want others to paycheque same costs, in tortoise lives:0)

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2015, 09:08 AM   #16
alley cat
Adult

That is a pretty little enclosure you have built and definitely an improvement on being inside all the time however I agree it is too small, I also wondered how sunny the area you chose will be?
If you can build a larger version of this in a nice sunny spot when you move then your torts will be happy happy happy!!
alley cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2015, 05:57 PM   #17
CherryBrandy
Adult

Taszia, don't be too despondent. a lot of work and thought went into this we can all see and though Sandy is right it doesn't distract from how lovely it is for your beautiful torts to be outside as you say.

Don't let life discourage you everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was !....... CB

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 13-07-2015, 06:48 PM   #18
Taszia
Hatchling

Some people are discouraging because they are quite blunt and rude from owning x amount or having x amount of experience that other people are simply trying to do without feeling like they've done hard work completely wrong. So it's no wonder some forums have a moan at the certain aspects of attitude from
Certain owners .. Much like serious bingo goers .. Some people simple have a go and have to learn without it being so harsh or serious . It is not going to kill or make them poorly in a temp fresh air outdoor enclosure on a temp measure .. It is a temp enclosure it has sun on it throughout the day and is much better than being in a glass tank in a pet store so til I move property this is it ..

Old 13-07-2015, 07:03 PM   #19
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taszia View Post
Some people are discouraging because they are quite blunt and rude from owning x amount or having x amount of experience that other people are simply trying to do without feeling like they've done hard work completely wrong. So it's no wonder some forums have a moan at the certain aspects of attitude from
Certain owners .. Much like serious bingo goers .. Some people simple have a go and have to learn without it being so harsh or serious . It is not going to kill or make them poorly in a temp fresh air outdoor enclosure on a temp measure .. It is a temp enclosure it has sun on it throughout the day and is much better than being in a glass tank in a pet store so til I move property this is it ..
Taszia, I think you've made a good job of the little space you have at the moment and I agree that's it's better for them to be outside than stuck indoors all the time.
When you move I'm sure you'll have great fun designing a new enclosure, but for now I think the one you have offers shelter and everything else torts need outside.
Please don't feel discouraged. Most members here mean well.
As for Bingo....goodness, the one time I went I struggled to keep up! Those numbers were called so fast! I did come home £30 better off though.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote