Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Housing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-01-2015, 09:21 AM   #1
Kjoyce
Egg

Default Is this setup okay?

Hi,
I'm hopefully going to pick up my 5 month old Hermanns tortoise today but before I do I want to check that his new home is okay.
I know the table is a little on the small side but I am space limited in my current home. However,I am aware as he grows he will need more space and some of my stuff will have to go to make that space (I also know it might turn out not to be a him but I'm pretending for now).

I have a combined bulb - basking spot temperature under the lamp reads about 32C. Cooler area is about 23/24 C.

He has a couple of hides places, a small food and water dish (again, I am aware these will be replaced but I bought a 'starter kit' and these were disappointingly the ones supplied) and is on a beech chip substrate as this is what he is on at the moment.

Food wise I have Komodo pellets - again, his current food, but I am hoping to move him slowly to a diet of florets crispy salad for the winter and have some weeds grown by summer. I have a nutrobal supplement (came with my starter pack) which I will be able to supplement his salad leaves with to make sure he is getting his calcium and d3 if I've understood correctly.

Does it look like I'm ready to go collect my new shelled friend or have I missed something?

Thanks in advance
Kjoyce is offline   Reply With Quote