Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 27-08-2019, 04:24 PM   #231
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
Good luck Gordon, hope it all goes well and finally gets sorted out. Sending healing vibes xx
I think I need more than healing vibes Suze I'm thinking a blooming miracle my new hole is leaking profusely today and smells worce than (trying to think what I can put so not offensive) hmmm cant think but it's bad and sore so as I'm good at judging these things I would say infected again.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 04:36 PM   #232
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
I think I need more than healing vibes Suze I'm thinking a blooming miracle my new hole is leaking profusely today and smells worce than (trying to think what I can put so not offensive) hmmm cant think but it's bad and sore so as I'm good at judging these things I would say infected again.
Let’s hope they get it thoroughly cleaned out and remove all trace of any infection on Thursday.
I’m going to start calling you Gordicillin as you must be like bionic-antibiotic man by now, partially made of antibiotics!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 05:22 PM   #233
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Let’s hope they get it thoroughly cleaned out and remove all trace of any infection on Thursday.
I’m going to start calling you Gordicillin as you must be like bionic-antibiotic man by now, partially made of antibiotics!
Penicillin is the only one I dont get as I'm allergic to it. Just had a letter through from John Radcliffe for my stay the other week and apparently I had wound sepsis.
Old 27-08-2019, 07:58 PM   #234
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Penicillin is the only one I dont get as I'm allergic to it. Just had a letter through from John Radcliffe for my stay the other week and apparently I had wound sepsis.

The sooner they get you sorted, the better, Mr Cillin!
Believe in the Power of Three and that this one will be the last surgery and the start of you actually recovering, not worsening.
I know that stiff upper lip is slackening now as it’s had enough but just a few more days now and hopefully the wound sites will behave this time and the autumn will let you close the book on this horrible chapter. xx

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2019, 07:13 PM   #235
Gordon
Adult

Well just a quick update.
Had surgery today and was in for 3 hrs
I now have a cut at least 7 inches across my belly with a vacuum dressing on it and even with all the pain relief it still hurts like heck.
Spent hours on recovery ward and now in a nice quiet room overnight and will with luck be home tomorrow.
Old 29-08-2019, 07:22 PM   #236
Yvonne G
Hatched

Quote:
Well just a quick update.
Had surgery today and was in for 3 hrs
I now have a cut at least 7 inches across my belly with a vacuum dressing on it and even with all the pain relief it still hurts like heck.
Spent hours on recovery ward and now in a nice quiet room overnight and will with luck be home tomorrow.
My gosh, will it never end? Hopefully they've cut back far enough to have removed all the bad stuff and now you can begin to heal. You have a lot of friends here rooting for you - that's gotta count for something!
Old 29-08-2019, 07:47 PM   #237
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne G View Post
My gosh, will it never end? Hopefully they've cut back far enough to have removed all the bad stuff and now you can begin to heal. You have a lot of friends here rooting for you - that's gotta count for something!
It truly does Yvonne and it means a lot.
Old 29-08-2019, 08:22 PM   #238
Gordon
Adult

Mary and Emma I have tried sending you emails but they won't send.xx
Old 29-08-2019, 09:11 PM   #239
tortydat
Sub Adult

Quote:
Mary and Emma I have tried sending you emails but they won't send.xx
Evening Gordon so pleased to hear that the operation has been completed and you now have a quiet room of your own. I hope you manage to get some sleep tonight without too many interruptions and look forward to catching up soon. xx
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2019, 09:38 PM   #240
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
Evening Gordon so pleased to hear that the operation has been completed and you now have a quiet room of your own. I hope you manage to get some sleep tonight without too many interruptions and look forward to catching up soon. xx
Cant see me getting much sleep for weeks I cant even turn on my side.