Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 15-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #31
terig
Hatched

I did skyplus the program on Internet bullying, think it was a panorama one.

Maybe im just an over protective parent, but I do not let them use the internet much. The boys just tend to use club penguin when they do. I know as they get older things change but their schools are very hot on e-saftety and again they have me as a mother, which must be their worse nightmare lol. Im always popping up and dusting around the computer when they are on it. They dont realise im having a spy on them.

I dont let them watch anything that isnt age appropriate either. A friend of mine is really into the gorey horrors that she sits and watches with her kids. I have lectured her, but she is adamant that the kids know that it isnt real. I cant watch anything like that as my husband works away alot and i would be too scared lol
terig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #32
Watermelon
Adult

The jigsaw is a brilliant video!!!
Watermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 06:57 PM   #33
TortBabe
Adult

I am sat here absolutely bubbling with anger for you Teriq I too have had lots of problems with my daughter being bullied in school, she's 11. She sounds a lot like your daughter, likes to be at home and generally doesn't bother. However she is very smart and I think the other kids resent her for that. Recently she got in a fight with a girl from her class, and hard as this may sound, she gave her a good kicking and I was glad. I went round to the school and told them they would not be keeping her in detention as this other girl had started it. She has not had a single bit of bother from anyone since as they all saw her standing up for herself. Sometimes a good slap is the only thing these bullies understand. My daughter was so upset as she never had been in trouble before in the 7 yrs she had been at that school. I personally would send her brothers in, give them a taste of their own medicine I do hope you get this sorted
Old 15-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #34
JoesMum
Hatchling

The liinks to e-safety material in my earlier post can be found in this Word Document which has been uploaded to Google Documents:
http://goo.gl/IWBUa