Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNNEEASTER View Post
Just got my quarterly Gas and Electric bill in £589
Wish mine was
Old 14-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #22
Watermelon
Adult

For the last 3 months we've paid £180 on electric and £90 on gas.

We have an electric meter so we can always keep tabs on how much we are spending. (We're students) There is four of us all together with game consoles and tv etc.

In summer when we don't use the heating we typically spend £40 a month on eleccie and £20 on gas.
Watermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #23
Box girl
Sub Adult

Get solar power earns you tons £385 in 3 months and it's winter. Winter electric bill normally £1500 was £660 this quarter

Money raised to Allwetter Zoo Muenster e6000 sent so far.

Have bred-red foots, yellow foots, eastern box, 3 toed box, ornate box, gulf coast box, common musk, elongated tortoise, red eared terrapin, cuora flavomarginata, cuora amboinensis, hermanns tortoise, horsfield tortoise, rhinoclemys.p. manni,
european pond turtle, reeves and spurs
Box girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #24
emma_mcraf
Adult

We looked into solar panels recently but it'd cost us 10k to get them fitted. We'd be in profit within 7 years but it seems such a lot to fork out initially. I've got a whole long list of things that money could be used for. My hubby's employer is having them fitted. A good investment if you've got that kind of money sat there and won't be moving house!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #25
Gordon
Adult

I know lots of you dont like vivs but its this time of year they are a lot easyer to keep warm and you arent useing unnessesery elec to keep temps up we are paying £65 a month and that keeping two kids and all my torts going
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #26
Box girl
Sub Adult

To Emma yes only if you have the money but it gives you a much better return then in the bank. Need to get it done before March or deal gets much worse from the Government. I also feel I am doing my bit for global warming.
To turnip I also tend to favour vivs but do have a lot of torts. To help reduce the cost we have mega insulated all sheds etc.

Money raised to Allwetter Zoo Muenster e6000 sent so far.

Have bred-red foots, yellow foots, eastern box, 3 toed box, ornate box, gulf coast box, common musk, elongated tortoise, red eared terrapin, cuora flavomarginata, cuora amboinensis, hermanns tortoise, horsfield tortoise, rhinoclemys.p. manni,
european pond turtle, reeves and spurs
Box girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 11:56 PM   #27
emma_mcraf
Adult

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box girl View Post
To Emma yes only if you have the money but it gives you a much better return then in the bank. Need to get it done before March or deal gets much worse from the Government. I also feel I am doing my bit for global warming.
To turnip I also tend to favour vivs but do have a lot of torts. To help reduce the cost we have mega insulated all sheds etc.
I agree completely. The salesman who came to chat with us was excellent and thorough but it costs far more than we realised. Unfortunately we don't have that sort of money to hand. It must feel good to have them knowing you're making savings and helping the environment at the same time.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 15-02-2012, 02:36 AM   #28
kreacher
Sub Adult

Wow I wish ours was that much!!
We spend around £90 a month just on electric and we have solar panels running a fair chunk of our reptile room and the outside enclosures! We're on heating oil for our heating because we live in the middle of knowhere without mains gas which is a bit rubbish!
kreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #29
terig
Hatched

Im like you Emma, I was really interested. But because I live in a conservation area they are not too kean on them. Plus 10k isnt laying around and also my friend has them but she says that she cannot have the tumble, dishwasher and washing machine going at the same time.

I do loads of washing and ironing with my small army, but I do my bit and do not used the dishwasher (I hate the thing).

Really nice idea tho.
terig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #30
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by terig View Post
Im like you Emma, I was really interested. But because I live in a conservation area they are not too kean on them. Plus 10k isnt laying around and also my friend has them but she says that she cannot have the tumble, dishwasher and washing machine going at the same time.

I do loads of washing and ironing with my small army, but I do my bit and do not used the dishwasher (I hate the thing).

Really nice idea tho.
I have four dishwashers.....my hubby and three eldest kids.