Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 14-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #11
Gordon
Adult

Just a tad thats why i,ve only got my torts now but that seems to be getting bigger every month
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #12
terig
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNNEEASTER View Post
If I break it down I suppose it isn't too bad

Council tax is a piss take!
To be honest thats why I switched to DD 18 months ago, I was fed up with getting horrendous bills. It doesnt seem as bad if its monthly. Just after XMAS tho u dont need that expense...
terig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #13
Easter Bunny
Adult

Well summer is nearly here so hopefully our bills will be reduced dramatically x
Old 14-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #14
Beverley
Adult

My electric bill was £700 last year and with trying to keep it down this year I managed £565 this year, this quarter is always the worst. It's becoming an expensive hobby now. My family are always saying get rid of them, as I do go without to keep up with the heating costs. I probably will downsize a bit but it's deciding who is to go is the problem as I love them all
Old 14-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #15
Easter Bunny
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverley View Post
My electric bill was £700 last year and with trying to keep it down this year I managed £565 this year, this quarter is always the worst. It's becoming an expensive hobby now. My family are always saying get rid of them, as I do go without to keep up with the heating costs. I probably will downsize a bit but it's deciding who is to go is the problem as I love them all
How many do you have?

My problem is my kids, once they leave bills will go down loads

3 T.V' s on at the same time, 2 xboxes on at the same time, they both leave their lights on and always put their tv's on standby. Whan I come home the house is like a light house
Old 14-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #16
terig
Hatched

I always tell mine when Im turing off their lights "right thats another polar bear with no home".

They watched a program which said that by turning off the lights you save a polar bear and as mine are small it stuck in their minds.

How EVIL am I!!!
terig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #17
Beverley
Adult

Lynne, I have 20 tortoises 3 are rehomers the ibera and 2 Thh which people trusted me to keep so they have to stay. I would never part with my 3 marginated as they are the first tortoises I owned. The 3 horsfields are torts my mother bought me and now that she has gone I feel I could never part with those. The Chaco who was pretty sick and is now in great form, we have been through so much I would hate parting with him. The 3 reds and one Yellowfoot I took out if really bad conditions and got them back to health and I feel very few would have the space for them. 3 hermanns again have been here a while and are great to keep and the Stars who are so full of personality and two of these I got from someone who really loved them and trusted me with them. So as you can see its difficult to let go
Old 14-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #18
Easter Bunny
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverley View Post
Lynne, I have 20 tortoises 3 are rehomers the ibera and 2 Thh which people trusted me to keep so they have to stay. I would never part with my 3 marginated as they are the first tortoises I owned. The 3 horsfields are torts my mother bought me and now that she has gone I feel I could never part with those. The Chaco who was pretty sick and is now in great form, we have been through so much I would hate parting with him. The 3 reds and one Yellowfoot I took out if really bad conditions and got them back to health and I feel very few would have the space for them. 3 hermanns again have been here a while and are great to keep and the Stars who are so full of personality and two of these I got from someone who really loved them and trusted me with them. So as you can see its difficult to let go
Yes, I can imagine. They've all got their own little story.

I've only got 6 and couldn't part with any of them, due to different stories.
My parents want Toby, he is my only TGG, and is the old boy. I would consider giving him to my parents as I will still see him and one day will get him back So it would be like he was on a long holiday.
Old 14-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #19
rocio
Hatchling

WOW!! We´re just having our electric upgraded to more power as when the tortoise lights are on and the heating from the aircon if we then turn on the hob----all the power goes off! It´s costing 300 euro to upgrade plus,of course, higher bills!
rocio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #20
TillyTortoise
Adult

Is that for 3 months Lynn?

Edit: Ignore me. I didn't read 'quarterly' the first time I read it

And tbh thats not really that bad. Think ours was near £900 this quarter, count yourself lucky

Last edited by TillyTortoise; 14-02-2012 at 05:33 PM.
TillyTortoise is offline   Reply With Quote