Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #11
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
It can be a pain, but I'm pretty used to it now. Eating out is a real nightmare though!!
My eldest is coeliac too and my second son is currently undergoing tests, so if he has it, half of the family will be coeliacs. I've adapted most recipes to be gluten-free so it's not too bad.

The foccacia looks so yummy in the Graze boxes - I'd definitely have the boxes delivered if I wasn't coeliac.
Emma, they do a lot of things you can eat. if you can't eat something there is a box under the food that you can click to bin it and they never send you those foods. Am I right in thinking you can eat nuts and dried fruits? It might be worth you having a browse and see how much there is that you could eat, my daughter got olives in garlic and chilli today, that looks ok for you and there is a lot more there too.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #12
emma_mcraf
Adult

I love brazil nuts, pecans, almonds, cranberry and coconuts.
I often make up my own dried fruit and nut mixes to snack on. The focaccia and flatbreads sound divine.

Enjoy it with your feet up, Wendy!!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #13
Easter Bunny
Adult

Do they do a low fat box? x
Old 10-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #14
pagan queen
Adult

It's all healthy Lynne. Lower fat than other snacks and they have all the calorie details on the site so you can choose which ones you want. They also tell you which ones are part of your 5 a day. If there is chocolate it's usually only a small amount and mostly dark chocolate. And they are designed to be filling for longer than crisps or sweets.

I should be getting commission for this
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 10-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #15
pagan queen
Adult

Emma, I emailed them and they sent me this http://www.graze.com/s/coeliac It has all the ones not suitable for coeliacs and if you click at the top it will bin them all so you don't get anything unsuitable. There is only 38 out of 100 that's not suitable.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 10-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #16
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan queen View Post
Emma, I emailed them and they sent me this http://www.graze.com/s/coeliac It has all the ones not suitable for coeliacs and if you click at the top it will bin them all so you don't get anything unsuitable. There is only 38 out of 100 that's not suitable.
Oh Wendy, that's brilliant! Thank you for doing that. I shall sit and have a look through it all. Thank you!!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 10-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #17
Fred123
Hatched

I got this before christmas. I got 4 boxes free through groupon so ordered one a week then canceled after 4. They are very nice, and its great to get it delivered to work. Not good if you are on a diet as they are calorie packed. Most are healthy but not good for those counting the calories.
Fred123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #18
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred123 View Post
I got this before christmas. I got 4 boxes free through groupon so ordered one a week then canceled after 4. They are very nice, and its great to get it delivered to work. Not good if you are on a diet as they are calorie packed. Most are healthy but not good for those counting the calories.
Yeah, nuts and dried fruit are very calorific but I think with a balanced diet, they're healthy and nice as a treat and as an alternative to chocolate, cake and crisps. (Says me who has tucked into a pineapple upside down cake and chocolate crispy cakes made by the kids today!! )

Old 10-02-2012, 06:57 PM   #19
Fred123
Hatched

the Graze boxes are really nice, but if I had to choose between some dried fruit and a galaxy I wouldnt like the chances of the fruit winning. I have just eaten a piece of flapjack made by my son as well..... when its the kids made it you cant say no..... thats my excuse and im sticking with it
Fred123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #20
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred123 View Post
the Graze boxes are really nice, but if I had to choose between some dried fruit and a galaxy I wouldnt like the chances of the fruit winning. I have just eaten a piece of flapjack made by my son as well..... when its the kids made it you cant say no..... thats my excuse and im sticking with it
Now, I'd much rather have a handful of brazil/cashew nuts than a bar of chocolate any day. Or even better a Jordans Absolute nut serial bar, mmmmm.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband