Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-02-2012, 01:07 AM   #1
pagan queen
Adult

Default External call?

I had a phone call at 1am ish and it said external call. The caller hung up before I could answer and there is no record of the call when I rung 1471. What does external call mean aren't all calls external unless you have another line in the house? If a call is unknown it says withheld.
It's always a worry when the phone rings late at night and when you don't know who it is it's even worse.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

possibly external to UK. I had INTERNATIONAL last night at tea time as often happens, no idea what it was as I just lifted up and put down again, sometimes I like to play them along but it was tea time and I was Hank Marvin

With BT, outside UK calls comes up as UNAVAILABLE and INTERNATIONAL, both are external UK. If you are with someone other than BT it might say external OR that might be one I haven't had on BT so far
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
pagan queen
Adult

We are with BT. It's another complete mystery, I get a lot of those around me. Our desktop computer starts itself up randomly, from shut down. It only happens late at night when I'm all alone.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 09-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan queen View Post
We are with BT. It's another complete mystery, I get a lot of those around me. Our desktop computer starts itself up randomly, from shut down. It only happens late at night when I'm all alone.
Sounds like friendly visitors
We always have a lot of 'electrical' occurences in the autumn....the radio switches itself on in the middle of the night, the TV switches itself off while we're watching it, things stop working for no reason. This has happened every year in our home for the past 17 years from October to December. After the winter solstice it drifts off.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #5
Easter Bunny
Adult

My tv switches itself on, usually late when everyones a bed. My hubby turns it off by the switch when he goes to bed but it just turns itself on. I've recently had an electrician to check wiring but everythings fine. SPOOKY! X
Old 09-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Sounds like friendly visitors
We always have a lot of 'electrical' occurences in the autumn....the radio switches itself on in the middle of the night, the TV switches itself off while we're watching it, things stop working for no reason. This has happened every year in our home for the past 17 years from October to December. After the winter solstice it drifts off.
Is that why it happens only sometimes in the year? We thought it was odd that we only get "happenings" in spates and not continually. We know who our "guest" is, her name is Victoria Williams. How we know is a whole other story.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 09-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #7
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan queen View Post
Is that why it happens only sometimes in the year? We thought it was odd that we only get "happenings" in spates and not continually. We know who our "guest" is, her name is Victoria Williams. How we know is a whole other story.
I have a couple of visitors who make themselves known throughout the year but only now and again. The autumn is a different matter though and the kids all pick up on when we have a visit then. They're not scared and say hello.
Spirits love electrical stuff to play with. Usually it's a really easy way of them getting your attention and wanting to let you know they're there. Everyone can 'tune in' and communicate - you just need an open mind and to trust yourself that what comes into your mind is true. Your ego will automatically rear it's head and tell you you're being fanciful. Most spirits will communicate by clairsentient means and this is when we can just sense they're there and get a picture or a name in our mind's eye.
Try it and see what you get Lynne. Then you can always follow it up with a bit of research and scare yourself silly when you discover how accurate you were!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 09-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
emma_mcraf
Adult

Wendy, I'd love to hear about Victoria sometime.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #9
shelmarie
Hatchling

Me to wendy i'm intrigued.xxx
Old 09-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #10
pagan queen
Adult

Ok you asked so here goes.
A few years back Derren Brown was doing a live psychic thing on TV. My 2 oldest girls wanted to join in so we watched and played along. It was a ouija board and he was trying to prove it was all a hoax. We set up the board and started doing what he said but that didn't last long as "something" took over. Bearing in mind my daughters were 15 and 13 at the time so I would never have knowingly involved them in something so dangerous.
What happened during the 2 hours is still hard to explain to this day. The glass started moving and we all thought one of us was pushing it. I started asking questions. The name Victoria Williams was spelt out. We found out she died of suffocation but it wasn't murder, she died in her sleep. The year was nineteen hundred and seventeen, and that is exactly how she spelt it out on the board. I was writing things down while I still had my finger on the galss so i wasn't looking at what I was writing. We found out she didn't live in our house, which made sense as our houses were built only 30 years ago on waste land but she did walk this way to a church that we can see from our bedroom windows across farmland.
When it was all over we looked at the paper I had written it all down on and it wasn't my writing, far from it, it was much neater than mine and considering I hadn't been looking it was pretty damned good. I did save the paper in a drawer but have never seen it again since, I have no idea where it went.

Some sceptics would say one of us was pushing the glass but I know that's not true. If we were we would never have thought of suffocation as a cause of death and even if we did when I asked if she was murdered surely we would have wanted yes as the answer to make it more dramatic, but no she said she died in her sleep, also, I for one and I know my girls, would never write out the date in full like that, it took ages to go to all those letters and I or my girls have never thought of the date in those terms plus we had all the numbers on the board.
We have had lots of unexplained things happen before and after. One notable incident involved a tuna steak. My eldest daughter had been home after we had all eaten so I left her tuna steak on the side in a packet for her to cook. She came in and sat on the sofa chatting to us, she could see into the kitchen where her tuna was on the side. We heard a noise in the kitchen and my daughter started shaking and crying, she was so white it frightened me. She eventually said she had seen her Tuna levitate off the side, hover in mid air for a second and slam to the floor. The Tuna was on the opposite side of the kitchen. Unfortunately we didn't see this as a warning. She ate the Tuna which made her very ill with histamine poisoning http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scombroid_food_poisoning
Other things like the odd book "falling" from a shelf and landing the other side of the room ( the book was called ghost stories) while there was no one in the same room and everyone was accounted for, and noises of cupboards opening in the night are all pretty common. Recently while my husband was on nights and I was reading in bed, I felt and heard something land on the bed next to me, like someone had smacked their hand down on the quilt, I thought my dog had come in but there was nothing there.

I think I have some psychic abilities as lots of things happen around me that are hard to understand. After my cousin committed suicide under a train, e came to me in a dream. I was angry with him for leaving his mum and sister and asked him why he had committed suicide and he simply said "Not suicide, liberation". I have never thought of suicide in that way before but I now have some understanding of why people do it. I later found out that he was the happiest he had been in a long time the day before he died and that he had been bipolar but had never told anyone.

Make what you will of it but I know this is real and while typing this I have been shaking, not that I'm scared, it just has that effect on me when I talk about it.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband