Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #1
terig
Hatched

Default Anyone got a pacemaker fitted??

I was just wondering if anyone on here has a pacemaker.

Im 42 and very active. I do Thai boxing twice a week and am always on the go. Ive always been aware that my heart races, but over the last year I just havnt felt right. I had to wear a monitor for a week and they said my heart races up to 300 beats a min, ive had a scan and my arteries and the structure of my heart are fine. Its just not function right. Im booked in for an MRI in london. But at night time and sometimes during the day it drops to under 30 which is fine if you are a top athelete (im fit but not that fit). They also mentioned that it flat lines in my sleep then kicks in which is rather worrying. It also wakes me up with a start like ive been charged and jumped with those pad things. They are thinking about fitting a pacemaker, as in the long one I will probably need one. I have had to wear the monitor for another week and I am going back in a couple of weeks to find out what they decide. Just wanted to know if anyone has one and if it has made a difference to their wellbeing.

Worse off its a hereditary complaint so all my kids have got to be checked. My mum, sister and neice all have palpitations but theres is not as bad as mine and dosnt need anything done at the moment. x
terig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
Lyn
Adult

I don't have a pacemaker but my sister and I get palpatations. My sister has borderline Wolf Parkinson White syndrome and is waiting to be seen by somebody.
You have my sympathy as it's a horrible feeling and mine aren't too bad.
Hope you get sorted soon.x
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
terig
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
I don't have a pacemaker but my sister and I get palpatations. My sister has borderline Wolf Parkinson White syndrome and is waiting to be seen by somebody.
You have my sympathy as it's a horrible feeling and mine aren't too bad.
Hope you get sorted soon.x
Thanks lyn, my husband still thinks its amazing that they found one, a heart

Used to it racing, dont like the feeling when it goes really slow tho x
Old 07-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
pagan queen
Adult

I have palpitations continuously. All day and night my heart is jumping around. My GP says it's fine and loads of people have it, it's a sign of a strong heart. I say there must be something not right or I wouldn't have an ECG every time I mention it to the hospital before operations (I've had a few recently)
I know the feeling of a flat line heart though. I had pneumonia and my heart kept stopping in my sleep. Not a nice feeling at all.

Good luck with everything.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #5
terig
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan queen View Post
I have palpitations continuously. All day and night my heart is jumping around. My GP says it's fine and loads of people have it, it's a sign of a strong heart. I say there must be something not right or I wouldn't have an ECG every time I mention it to the hospital before operations (I've had a few recently)
I know the feeling of a flat line heart though. I had pneumonia and my heart kept stopping in my sleep. Not a nice feeling at all.

Good luck with everything.
Thank you. Not to worry you but when I have an ECG (the 60 second one) it always comes out ok. But because I have a really good GP she said she wanted me to have a monitor on for a week, thats when the problems showed themselves. So please if you dont feel right kick up a stink and get it looked at xx
Old 07-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #6
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by terig View Post
Thank you. Not to worry you but when I have an ECG (the 60 second one) it always comes out ok. But because I have a really good GP she said she wanted me to have a monitor on for a week, thats when the problems showed themselves. So please if you dont feel right kick up a stink and get it looked at xx
Mine always come back fine too. They say there is evidence of the heart skipping but nothing significant.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote