Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Housing

Old 16-02-2018, 07:17 PM   #1
Taszia
Hatchling

Default Best hanger lamp for 160w bulb?

What is the best lamp holder for a 160w combi? Currently have an exo terror ceramic but not sure what metal ones people buy and use ? I know they work much better just need suggestions on brand or where from

2 Dogs . Alfie. Riley.1 Cat . Lillyum.1Cockatoo. Cookey.2 baby THB . Geoffrey/Geoffreyna. Georgina/George.
Taszia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 10:44 PM   #2
burnt toast
Adult

I have several different brands. I like the ones with big silver shades, as they have a nice wide basking area. Mine were from a poultry site, I think they're called inteflec?

I also like the silver conical "pig lamps" (they don't go out if you accidentally knock them!). Mine are "wolsley stockshop".

Which ever you go with check it's rated for a high enough wattage & has a ceramic figment, not plastic.
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 09:09 PM   #3
CherryBrandy
Adult

I like the metal clamps because they can be moved so much easier and can take a normal bulb and up to 100W also. Take care with them though because a lot do have a Watt limit.

Amazon do some good ones for around £15.00. I have ceramic screw in ones also but was caught out when first buying with the bracket not being included. The brackets hang well screwed in to solid pieces of wood but if you have a reflector that type of bracket cant be used, so I guess they free hang with a safety clip.

My reflectors , brackets are very old so cant see a make on them sorry. Some are quite flat and others are very domed. The domed ones are apparently better as they arc the heat towards the ground better making a more concentrated heat. Sorry I am not sure that's helped at all ! hopefully some one useful will come on !! CB