Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Where to Buy and Bargains

Old 10-01-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Default Aldi heaters

For anyone struggling to keep room temps up this might be an idea http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...uys3_17105.htm the room temperature can be set to what you want. I'm not sure whether that would be cheaper than night storage heaters or not
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
Pussygalore
Adult

we have one of those in the bathroom and also brought a convector heater from the same place for the hall, the oil filled radiators are good and do have a thermostat so they switch of, ours is on all the time and i assume that once the oil inside is hot it will stay hot for some time, I'd say they were cheaper to run than a lot of heaters, plus they don't have to be wired in.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #3
reptilecourier
Egg

Thats a good price, i use these in my reptile rooms, i have found they are the most economical way of having a constant background heat
reptilecourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:06 AM   #4
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

they will only be available till wednesday I'd think, then a new offer starts on Thursday. My only problem with it would be somewhere to plug it in as I have adaptors everywhere already
Old 10-01-2011, 06:56 PM   #5
SeeShell
Adult

I've just bought one - thanks for posting. I got my electicity bill in last week and nearly dropped! I currently have a convetor heater attached to a thermostat so will se how this new one fares on the electricity - can't be any worse. As an aside I also purchased, from Aldi, some cashew nuts coated in sea salt and cracked black pepper - they were delish! I'm going back soon!
SS
Old 10-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #6
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I've had those nuts, they are great. I always get the Clancy's dry roasted peanuts too, they are by far the best, better than KP or other brand names.

I haven't got my electric bill in yet actually through the post or by email but the guy came to read the meter last week. I checked my account online and my bill is on there, £538. Last year for the same period it was £550 which is amazing considering the weather we've had for the past 6 weeks. We've been trying to use the dryer at off peak times and it has obviously made a difference.

We used to pay a set amount weekly but I stopped that because we were always paying too much and Scottish Power were getting the benefit of it, not us so now we pay the same amount into an account of our own and it builds up and we get a bit of interest on it and when the bill comes in we have it covered
Old 10-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #7
SeeShell
Adult

Yes, service suppliers have a habit of hanging onto credits and chasing debits!!

I saw these Clancy's nuts!! Was going to get a bag of the chilli ones; next time! These cashews were seriously good. I thought some of the choccies looked good too but I refrained; new year's resolution and stuff!!

I'm going to monitor my electricity bill carefully.
Old 13-01-2011, 11:48 AM   #8
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I saw that same size of heater in currys but brand name, de longhi I think and it was £79.99
Old 16-01-2011, 04:52 PM   #9
SeeShell
Adult

Just to say Aldi still have these. Been using mine this weekend and I'm finding thermostatically it's very accurate and exceedingly easy to use (though the instructions you get aren't that clear!!). Better than the convector heater I was using previosuly on a thermostat. Would recommend these and at a very good price.
Old 16-01-2011, 06:12 PM   #10
burnt toast
Adult

Ive brought one too. I too was using a convector heater but one of mine hasnt been too well & I think the convector heater was accelerating the substrate getting dry & dusty. Seems accurate.
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote