Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 26-02-2008, 08:21 PM   #61
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior

i fell it was nessicary as people have aske dme to post what i feed them and so i did nto appear to be rude i did that.

i cut say it sick when i see a lettuce being ripped out of the ground...it is still a living item. come on if you don't like it and think it's sick then don't look. am sorry i don't mean to rude and i never posted it to be anymore than educational and did want people wanted. fine you don't like it, i think most of the people got that in the first 20 negative comments PMSL,,,,my snakes are not too keen on there spring onions.

please remember that people keep many rodents as pets, people liek to have more than one and this means female live together but males can't unless fromt he same litter, so 90% of the males are killed....it's the snakes that are given these left overs...

people wanted to see ,so i posted, alot of people found it interesting, from the amoutn of pm's it seemed like people liked to see soemthing so REAL. you post pictures of your weeds and such that your torts each so is it far to segragate me from diding the same. i doing this every day with larger volumes (ooo am really nasty now ) and people wanted to see, end of, either comment wooow or ewwwwwww......kids being depresend and evil intodays world has bugga all to do with it, the rodents are dead not the bloody devil.

This is doing nothing more than going around and around and around. rather boring.

i don't mean any nasty ness by any of this and i think most of these members know this.
wildlifewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 08:22 PM   #62
Pussygalore
Adult

I know the snakes have to eat but doesn't anyone think about the poor little mice who only breathed a few minutes or the mother mice whose permanently pregnant only to have them taken away, don't you think they have any feelings, at least with the older mice they've had a bit of life, at least in the wild they have the chance to escape, aren't the carcasses fed to zoo animals mostly adult or ones that have died a natural death or have been farmed, just because its a mouse or rat doesn't mean it doesn't have feelings of loss or distress, yes if I kept snakes or reptiles that ate like that I'd have to join the band wagon but I would hope that I'd have some kind of respect for those little bodies and not gloat or glorify over them, we might as well go to the local slaughter house and take pictures of them. Christian you say people wanted to see, I didn't see any posts saying please post pictures of you thawing rats and mice, did I miss them, you say educational I say to whom we all know what a dead mouse looks like most of mine are buried in the garden, what was the point, to show us how many reptiles you keep and the volumme of food you need couldn't that have been done with figures, but hey that wouldn't have had the same impact but maybe thats what you wanted all alone, some kind of experiment to see the reaction you'd get.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 08:33 PM   #63
alicia
Adult

i dont think its really fair to say that as many keepers on here keep snakes and other mice eating things and they like to talk about feeding, housing, breeding just like we do about talking about tortoises.

0.0.2 graeca ibera
alicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 08:39 PM   #64
Pussygalore
Adult

talk by all means but do we really need the pictures, or so many of them.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 08:43 PM   #65
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior

read again i SAID pm's. thwy don't breed a few minutes, mor elike seconds.....thats life. ann u don't liek then so what, others have found it interesting......we know about the problems in chiclen coops and those battey houses (spelt wrong) so why do a program on it....would be not have just read the book, or article.

u don't even know the snakes i breed, i breed MANY snad baos of which 70% are still imported from the wild, i am one of extremely few breeders of these and i am creating a larger CB market for them....with very evil there is a good.

as i say you are just repeating your self with different works and so but i am bored now....we know your feelings and i respect you for that but thats that. i hope this agruement does not cross over to other topics and hope we can still coexist with eachother with a adult and mature manner.

friends...................
wildlifewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 08:59 PM   #66
joanna
Adult

I wasn't upset by the pics, we used to own a rat snake that unfortunatley escaped on a house move. We put posters up , informed the necessary people and 9 months later she was found on a car bonet. She never took to dead foot after and we fed live therafter. I would do the same again if responsible for feeding.

As for protecting children I think violence on the streets by far outways the natural feeding of reptiles, and maybe children developing a keen interest in reptiles and thier wellbieng could keep them from the streets far more than over-protecting them so they're seeking to explore whats not allowed so to speak.

I eat all meat bar supermarket chicken and thats because they taste awful as they've been fattened too quickly and live in cramped conditions. But I do eat plenty of rabbit and pheasant that the dogs catch that have lead a natural life and died naturally caught an animal. I have no quarms with this as I'm not veggie, I strip and prepare the meat and feed the organs to the dogs and head to the ferrett, this way there is no waste whatsoever unlike what you'd see n the shelves at tescos
joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 10:09 PM   #67
swad1000
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore
talk by all means but do we really need the pictures, or so many of them.
Do we really need pictures of tortoise, or tortoise enclosures, or tortoises hatching? We could just talk about it too, but people find that interesting, and like to see pictures.

You know the sort of content Christian is going to post, so simply don't look at those threads, then those that do want to see, and find out more can.

It really isn't that difficult.
swad1000 is offline   Reply With Quote