Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 24-02-2008, 09:59 PM   #11
joathome
Adult

Hey Norris can you put a warning up for your pics, im gonna be seeing them in my dreams
Old 25-02-2008, 01:53 AM   #12
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior

sorry blanch. i did mean to put up a warning. i normally do. sorry if anyone saw this and did not mean do. i did not mean to offend anyone
wildlifewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 08:10 AM   #13
kim davies
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to kim davies

who has the rabbits????
Old 25-02-2008, 08:24 AM   #14
Pussygalore
Adult

I'm not wanting to start anything but I do feel that some of these aren't suitable for children we all know that snakes reptiles have to be fed these things but my children when younger would have found this very upsetting as they think of those animals as pets not food. I can choose not to read but children might not be so cautious, sorry Christian but can't they be posted in the adult section I like to see your snakes etc and think you do a marvellous job but you have to admit that side of things is pretty gruesome
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 08:38 AM   #15
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior

thats actually interesting as your the first person to say that. posted it as some people do give mixed opinions and i like to hear all sides. actually it's much the opisite. i have foudn that by explaining the transition from a pet and a food source it helps children to learn a rarity of things. such as what they actually meat is a animal, why frozen foodsa are better than people that feed the LIVE rodents, it also helps them to understand things such as where there granny is that died and such. i did a post post on this a while ago. also as my mum is a childminder for 28+ years, i and all the kids have grown up and never found this upsetting and OFSTED have commented on how educational and benifits that the children can learn from this sort of thing. they never gave me any negative feedback, i also will feed one snake at a school on my talks (minium of 2 a week) and the parents and staff are fine with it and the kids love it. i do explain to them that the snake is actually just a rycler and that all of these rodents are males as 90% are not used in the pet trade as they will fight, so they used to bin them until snakes became widepsread. the other thing is i am teaching kids to regaurd a mouse as soemthinging that squeks and eats food....what you see above are food items and nothing more.

plus i am not old enough to post in the 18 section.

thanks
wildlifewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 09:22 AM   #16
Pussygalore
Adult

well you know me by now I hate to see anything killed and find it hard to kill a bug let alone anything bigger, I know the food is dead but it was alive at birth and killed it didn't have a choice or a chance to live and my children are the same as me, its how I was brought up with very anti killing parents, parents who still turn the tv over if they see a lion killing in the wild I'm not that bad and maybe children of today have different attitudes to my generation but my children wouldn't have seen any difference between their pet mouse and one that had been bred to be fed to something else, I like the way my children have turned out both my son and daughter have and will stand up for animal rights and I'm sorry but mice rats hamsters rabbits all come under that protection, maybe I am amoung the rare that will speak out and sorry if its not liked but its the way I feel, and its the reason I won't or can't keep anything that needs feeding mammals, much as I like to see them. I did say I didn't want to start anything so lets leave it at that, you see things your way and I mine so we'll agree to disagree no offense intended.
Old 25-02-2008, 09:37 AM   #17
Amanda
Hatched

Pussygalore - I feel exactly the same as you, especially as I keep 9 male rats as pets and I know how very loving they are.

I'm afraid the site of all those little dead bodies did upset me a little - I will make sure I don't look next time

I do love snakes and reptiles tho, but of course I could not keep anything like that because of what they eat.

I too have to keep my hand on the remote control when watching any animal programme, just in case!!

I will stick to my torts, cats, fish and rats.
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 10:00 AM   #18
Pussygalore
Adult

we all know how and what snakes etc are fed ,I do think though that filming it kind of glorifys it a bit like rubber neckers at an accident, we seem to have some kind of morbid fascination with death and things dying, seeing all those little bodies laid out thawing to me is a bit like looking around a morgue I know it happens but don't need to actually see it, what are we hoping we'll see, a bit of blood maybe, the sound of a bone cracking, innards comming out, isn't that a bit sick.
Old 25-02-2008, 10:11 AM   #19
swad1000
Adult

I don't see it as sick, if he was posting feeding of animals live to the snakes i'd agree. Even though thats what would hapen in nature.

If I post a picture of me feeding the cat a tin of cat food, or a picture of my sunday roast is that sick? They were both once living and have been killed to either feed my pet or myself.

I know some people and children don't like to see such things, and if you're vegan and only keep pets that don't eat meat you'd have a point.

But the whole point of these things is to educate and inform, looking such things away from children doesn't do that, they have to understand such things, and thats what parents should be doing educating and informing children, so they can make up there own minds.
swad1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 10:15 AM   #20
Amanda
Hatched

Yuck putting me off my kitkat now LOL

Yep we all know that nature is cruel sometimes, but don't wanna see it.

Anyway, thanks to Christian for putting warning on it and next time I will avoid the subject.

I like my rats alive and cuddly!!
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote