Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Pictures

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-04-2020, 04:30 PM   #1
emma_mcraf
Adult

Default Tables

When we moved house, I really wanted the torts to have their own room for days not in the garden. Having a tort room was the stuff of dreams for me.
So we turned what was a dressing room into the tort room.

Hubby ripped out the fitted wardrobes on both sides and plastered and painted the walls (I'm giving him massive kudos here as this was done within 3 weeks of moving!) and got the electrician to feed through power from the study.

He was able to use both triple tables we had brought with us and made a long double to go under the window.

I've rehomed a few torts since then and now the females are much more grown, I wanted to give them more space and so asked hubby to make me another triple to fit in my study. He and his apprentice (our youngest son) have done so much building for me - the arbour, another bookcase, the new tort tables - and they love carpentry, so I'm just keeping them happy.
The study size was limited so it's a square table but just perfect for the space and the girls have loved having more room.
It seems a very long time ago they used to share washing up bowls for baths!!!

My new tables

I am spoiled while I work as I can watch them on rainy days and it's a gorgeous view out the window.

We are rural here and there are lots of predators - foxes, birds of prey, the neighbour's cats... so they don't live outside permanently but go out most days from early spring to autumn.

I just need to move the names across to the tables of the females who have moved into the study. They all have their own wooden names. Told you they're spoiled! Okay, they don't know or care; I do it for myself.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote