Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Introduce Yourself

Old 24-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
Nefertari
Egg

Default Torts, dogs, Egypt, my passions

Hi, my name is Christine, I live in Suffolk with hubby, 2 Lhaso Apsos, 12 Koi and three darling spur thighs, 2 males and 1 female, all rescued from horrible lives in vivariums that were never cleaned out, I have always had torts, lost one due to horrendous accident which still reduces me to tears 8 years later, I had had her for years and still miss her terribly. I am retired and have a passion for anything Ancient Egyptian. Look forward to learning loads, already getting lots of help with my poorly little girl tort Amelia.
Nefertari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
pebsmeboy
Hatchling

hi Christine
a big warm welcome to you and your torts.

Mum to 2 beautiful Hermanns
Pebbledash and Speedy
pebsmeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
Catwoman63
Adult

Helo Christine, the heading drew me in lol, my animals are my passion too, i look after them better than i do myself! I'm not fanatical about anything egyptian but am interested in it, never been to egypt either, thats on my my list of things to do before i die lol, welcome to Shelled Warriors, where you can get some good information and advice x

0.3.0 - T Horsfieldii (Xena, Zelda & Lilly)
2.2.0 - TG Terrestris (Zeus, Astreus / Zagreus & Alexia)
1.2.0 - Zebra Finches (Gunner / Bonnie & May)
0.1.0 - SBT (Hazel)
1.0.0 - FBD (Ted)
Catwoman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #4
Emilyjayne2012
Hatchling

Hi and welcome to SW!! I'm not too far from you, I live in Colchester and you've come to the right place to get some help for your little Amelia, I've learnt so much from this forum!

Emilyjayne2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
amethystbelle
Incubating

Hello and welcome, animals are also my passion too and i also have an interest in Egypt, fascinated how the pyramids were built Hope you get all the help you need for your girl
Old 24-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
emma_mcraf
Adult

A big welcome from me too. History is my passion, although it's medieval history that I favour. I'm currently teaching my youngest three about Ancient Egypt for their history studies. They're loving it and today we've been looking at Abu Simbel online - such amazing architects and craftsmen!
I look forward to hearing more about your tortoises.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #7
filardimarg2
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to filardimarg2

Hi & welcome to Sw.
I have been to Abu Simbel, it was wonderful, we had a great guild to, he knew everything, we have also been to The Valley of the Kings, wow was that good.

Marg.

Testudo Hermanni Hermanni...Flo, Dotty & Daisy, all December 2010.
German Shepherd Dog...Kiera.
filardimarg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #8
Nefertari
Egg

Thanks for the welcome everyone, I have a degree in Egyptology and do lectures and talks on the subject and have been many many time, not at the moment though it need to calm down abit,
amelia is doing ok, she had a bath today and a good feed and is sleeping under her lamp but she does worry me alot so with everyones help I am hoping to get her to eat on her own, no matter how long it takes, once again thank you all for being so helpful and welcoming
Old 25-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #9
Nefertari
Egg

Just curious did the name Sheldon come from the series the big bang thery, my favourite
Old 25-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #10
Nefertari
Egg

hi yes abu simbel takes your breath away, when Ramases built it the morning sun on the winter and summer solstice went right down the corridor and lit all the gods except Apophis the gos of the dark, amazing engineering, yet when it was moved by modern man many years later the never managed to do the same thing, I sat on ramases big toe nal so that shows you how enormous the statuea are,also the statues on nefertari,s temple next door are the same size as he is, no other king did that, I do believe the man was in love