Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 27-06-2010, 11:45 AM   #11
Laraine
Adult

Send a message via Yahoo to Laraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrypin View Post
hi Laraine i hope you are feeling better soon ,it is a hard decision you are making but your health must come first .i just wish i was closer and able to be more help.your are very lucky Richard can find the time to help as much as he does,and you are able to keep some or your own tortoises.
terry
Now we do have a summer house you could live in Terry! We have 17 Leos we are fostering as well as our original group, Hopefully homes can be found soon for the foster torts, their indoor home is upstairs so they are in total isolation from our others and their outdoor enclosure is well away from any other torts, I just can't manage the stairs each day when they need to go out, so they have to wait for Richard to come home after teaching. Claire my daughter has been helping since the accident, but she finally flew out to China last week to join her boyfriend who has been posted there, she was meant to join him back in February, but then I had the accident so like a good mommy's girl she stayed home.
Old 27-06-2010, 12:48 PM   #12
smallmum
Egg

Glad your getting better.It must have been so terrifing and traumatic for you. Looks like he car did a good job of protecting you considering the severity of the accident. was you driving? I know all your physical injuries will heal but if you need to talk about it you can always put stuff on here everyones so nice and I'm always willing to listen. Do you need to get rid of your torts could they not just be fostered till your better.
xx
Old 27-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #13
Laraine
Adult

Send a message via Yahoo to Laraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallmum View Post
Glad your getting better.It must have been so terrifing and traumatic for you. Looks like he car did a good job of protecting you considering the severity of the accident. was you driving? I know all your physical injuries will heal but if you need to talk about it you can always put stuff on here everyones so nice and I'm always willing to listen. Do you need to get rid of your torts could they not just be fostered till your better.
xx
The police and paramedics were very surprised I had nothing broken or worse, they kept telling me how lucky I was, (and I know it) mind you it didn't feel like it when they were strapping me to the boards to go to hospital. I was on my own in the car and was lucky that someone was in the house right by where the car landed on the roof, the young lads in the house pulled me out and away from the leaking petrol, and the mum called the police, ambulance and firebrigade. I have been diagnosed with severe PTSD and get panic attacks, and have been bottling it all up, just sometimes the bottle goes pop!

My physio is going to be ongoing for about 18 months minimum, she keeps telling me off for trying to do things around the house! the other week I got fed up watching a spider spin a web in the dining room (very high ceilings) so in the end I got the vacuum with hose attachment, it took her less than a minute to find out I had been doing things I wasn't surposed to do! So I am under orders from Richard to leave the flipping spiders alone!

It would be unfair to ask someone to foster the torts then 18 month - 2 years down the line ask them to give them back.
The friend of the family who was going to have the 3 little Redfoots (bred by Darren) is not able to have them now, so I have sent a message to Sarah to ask her about the Rehoming on here. They are really lovely and inquisitive torts! Richard has just had to 'rescue' one from the top of the barrier around the outside run! I think it wanted to see the if there were more weeds or flowers on the other side!
I know they will get a lovely home with someone who will have the time to spend with them, as they really love company. I think redfoots are more gregarious than other species.

Last edited by Laraine; 27-06-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Laraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 07:00 PM   #14
linda
Adult

so sorry to hear of your accident larraine
wishing you a full and hopefully speedy recovery xx
linda is offline   Reply With Quote