Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Pictures

Old 10-04-2015, 05:48 PM   #1
Taszia
Hatchling

Default Some love the outdoors others not so much

2 Dogs . Alfie. Riley.1 Cat . Lillyum.1Cockatoo. Cookey.2 baby THB . Geoffrey/Geoffreyna. Georgina/George.
Taszia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:51 PM   #2
Taszia
Hatchling

So the kids are having a new perminant outdoor enclosure built but I felt bad that they have nothing to go in now theyv outgrown the old pen. so went to aldi and got this for £5 just for them to go in whilst I'm sat in the garden til the new one is complete. sadly one hates being outdoors she refuses to eat flowers and hates the sun haha so spends the whole time hiding .. The other on the other hand hates to come back inside.

2 Dogs . Alfie. Riley.1 Cat . Lillyum.1Cockatoo. Cookey.2 baby THB . Geoffrey/Geoffreyna. Georgina/George.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:40 AM   #3
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

Really nice photos Taszia!
Old 13-04-2015, 06:10 PM   #4
becciwales
Adult

Beautiful! xx

1:2:0 Testudo Hermanni Boettgeri -
Darwin, Galileo, and Einstein.

Archimedes (THB) RIP June, 2018
becciwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2015, 06:28 PM   #5
emma_mcraf
Adult

So lovely seeing them outside. One of mine, Hugo, spends a lot of his time in his shelter when he's outside. He'll have a little mooch around and then disappear. We always know where to find him.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2015, 09:15 PM   #6
Taszia
Hatchling

She just hates it doesn't try and eat any flowers doesn't enjoy the sun haha I don't know why? Complete oposite of the other who will lay on the sun and eat anything possible

Old 13-04-2015, 09:28 PM   #7
Pussygalore
Adult

I think its more that torts naturally hide away from predators, you'll rarely see them for long in the wild they'll warm up then look for shelter to feel safe, if you provide a few bushes, long grass etc in your permanent enclosure you'll find your tort will feel safer. Plus have you had the torts for long? are they confident and happy in your's and your family's company and maybe the cat, being a predator, makes one tort feel unsafe, my torts were used to me being around and being handled but we didn't have a dogs or cats. I did however look after someone elses torts for a week and they were so nervous always going in their shells when they saw you, I don't know whether they'd been roughly handled or not handled at all but I believe that its in the animals interests to be at home being handled it makes life easier especially if they have to go to the vets. No tort won't like the sun as without it the tort would die, they have to warm up but if your tort is warm from being inside it won't need to bask, try putting it out so it has to warm up in the sun.

Last edited by Pussygalore; 13-04-2015 at 09:36 PM.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2015, 09:04 AM   #8
Taszia
Hatchling

Iv had them both from hatched and she's absolutely fine with the cat and people inside the house it's just as soon as she goes outside she goes into hide mode where the other laps up the sun and food. This isn't the pen it's just a veg base I put them in whilst having a cupa outside the other day . Theyv outgrown the old one so my partner is in the process of making the old one bigger