Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 24-03-2020, 08:12 PM   #651
Gordon
Adult

I'm sure a lot of people wont get my sense of humor but I've just thought of a bit of a snag with this keeping 2 metres apart rule as my dad is a very short man so even in his coffin I doubt he will make 2 metres to which I'm sure he is finding very funny himself.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2020, 09:49 PM   #652
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
I'm sure a lot of people wont get my sense of humor but I've just thought of a bit of a snag with this keeping 2 metres apart rule as my dad is a very short man so even in his coffin I doubt he will make 2 metres to which I'm sure he is finding very funny himself.
Brilliant!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 06:03 PM   #653
Suze65
Adult

Aww bless x

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 07:41 PM   #654
emma_mcraf
Adult

How are you recovering from the last surgery, Gordon? Are you still having to make trips to have dressings changed. Must be pretty nerve-wracking going into hospitals now.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 26-03-2020, 08:49 PM   #655
Gordon
Adult

Well as we are on lockdown and I'm not allowed out for three weeks I'm not taking any chances going to any NHS facility or have the district nurse come to me so as it's not my first time I'm doing all my dressing changes myself. I have an amazing district nurse who if I'm worried I can call or send pictures to.
Also I have half of the nhs in my kitchen in the form of dressings saline sterile dressing packs gloves tweezers and other stuff I need to stuff two big holes in my belly.
It's not ideal but I cant take any chances and if it goes bad again it will and who ever is doing dressings wont change that so it's just a matter of time.
Old 26-03-2020, 08:55 PM   #656
emma_mcraf
Adult

I think you’re clearly competent at doing your own dressings by now and I agree absolutely. I wouldn’t want to go into any hospital or clinic either.
Let’s just hope that without anyone else doing the dressings you won’t have anything going bad again. Maybe this is the chance you needed to be left alone and able to heal without any prodding and poking.

Old 27-03-2020, 08:48 AM   #657
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
I think you’re clearly competent at doing your own dressings by now and I agree absolutely. I wouldn’t want to go into any hospital or clinic either.
Let’s just hope that without anyone else doing the dressings you won’t have anything going bad again. Maybe this is the chance you needed to be left alone and able to heal without any prodding and poking.
I must admit its helping with my PTSD not having to go in to hospitals or the doctors surgery and at the moment I'm sleeping better. I have even been out in the garden and probably doing to much but it is nice to have some enthusiasm back as the tortoises didn't get much of my attention last year. I have even finished building my new incubator which has taken six months lol we have 36 quail eggs in the incubator so with luck some babies soon then as long as we get some females we will get eggs for cooking.
Old 27-03-2020, 09:38 AM   #658
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
I must admit its helping with my PTSD not having to go in to hospitals or the doctors surgery and at the moment I'm sleeping better. I have even been out in the garden and probably doing to much but it is nice to have some enthusiasm back as the tortoises didn't get much of my attention last year. I have even finished building my new incubator which has taken six months lol we have 36 quail eggs in the incubator so with luck some babies soon then as long as we get some females we will get eggs for cooking.
That’s really good to hear, Gordon.

Old 27-03-2020, 10:56 AM   #659
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Its great its getting more positive for you:0)

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2020, 05:14 PM   #660
CherryBrandy
Adult

aaah that's nice. Glad on mend - what was that pheasanty thing you had and made a bid for freedom or you set it free. CB