Good luck Gordon

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:52 PM   #363
Yvonne G
Hatched

Well, Gordon, tomorrow has come and gone. What happened at the hospital yesterday? Everything ok?
Old 01-11-2019, 06:41 PM   #364
Gordon
Adult

Sorry Yvonne feeling a bit fed up with it all now I went in and apparently all my blood results are good.
But I now have two very painful hip joints which they didn't seem concerned about all they wanted to do was check that I had no sign of sepsis brewing again even though the surgeon had to lift my right leg up onto the bed as it really is that painful I cant do it.
I have a friend who is a district nurse who said it is more than likely a septic infection in the joints from all the other infections I've had and quite often won't show up on a blood test so if so it's a needle into the joint to remove some fluid and then test it.
So I'm off to see my doctor again on Monday afternoon to see what she says and I'm so hoping she says its because I'm not moving about enough or something equally as simple but knowingly my luck at the moment.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:29 PM   #365
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Sorry Yvonne feeling a bit fed up with it all now I went in and apparently all my blood results are good.
But I now have two very painful hip joints which they didn't seem concerned about all they wanted to do was check that I had no sign of sepsis brewing again even though the surgeon had to lift my right leg up onto the bed as it really is that painful I cant do it.
I have a friend who is a district nurse who said it is more than likely a septic infection in the joints from all the other infections I've had and quite often won't show up on a blood test so if so it's a needle into the joint to remove some fluid and then test it.
So I'm off to see my doctor again on Monday afternoon to see what she says and I'm so hoping she says its because I'm not moving about enough or something equally as simple but knowingly my luck at the moment.
Sorry to hear that, Gordon. I really hope it is just lack of movement but at least you know what it could be if not so you’re prepared. Hopefully your GP will be understanding and put your mind at rest.

Good news that the blood results are good and there’s no sign of sepsis in the wound however. Long may that continue! How is going with the doctors and nurses dressing it?

Onto a better topic - any new hatchlings recently?

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:02 PM   #366
Yvonne G
Hatched

Quote:
Sheesh! Every morning when I turn on Shelled Warriors I'm hoping for some Gordon Good News. We're all rooting for you, Gordon.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:03 PM   #367
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Sorry to hear that, Gordon. I really hope it is just lack of movement but at least you know what it could be if not so you’re prepared. Hopefully your GP will be understanding and put your mind at rest.

Good news that the blood results are good and there’s no sign of sepsis in the wound however. Long may that continue! How is going with the doctors and nurses dressing it?

Onto a better topic - any new hatchlings recently?
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:52 PM   #368
Suze65
Adult

I think it’s very possible that your body will start to complain, eg aches and pains in joints, because of lack of movement. My son has chronic fatigue, and at its worst when he was doing nothing, day in day out, he did start to have back ache, pain in his sternum, weak legs. So it might just be lack of movement, fingers crossed.

Lovely hatchlings, really pretty.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:25 PM   #369
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
They’re just so gorgeous! At least you have the incubator to give you something to take your mind momentarily off things.
Absolutely fantastic hatchlings, well done, G! x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:43 PM   #370
tortydat
Sub Adult

Well it's nearly the end of the weekend so hopefully you have managed to survive it OK and here's to a better week to come. Lovely babies. xx
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote