Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-09-2019, 05:25 PM   #271
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
Hopefully the sedation worked and by now it's all over and you got ten out of ten for being brave. Seriously I hope all is starting to heal and your temperature is settling down. x
Agree completely. Really hope it went well, Gordon, and there’s no need for debridement this time.
Thinking of you. x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 08:13 PM   #272
Gordon
Adult

I have never experienced pain like that b4 .
There were two sponges in there and as I suspect the dressing and sponge were stuck.
The nurses managed to get the first one out and as the one nurse was tugging on the other her face suddenly dropped and she pushed it back in promptly she stayed there holding it in and the other one rushed of to get a surgeon who by luck was on the ward as there were veins squirting blood out everywhere he did say we might need to go to surgery to tie them off but for once luck was on my side.
So after a lot of packing with gauze he finally got the blood to stop and get the other sponge out along with more of the red stuff.
So then the getting new sponge back in the surgeon started pushing it in and i had to get him to stop it was that painful so the nurse suggested lining it first with some sort of material that is moist and doesn't stitch which helped a lot so both bits are now in and I'm still stuck to the bed where I sweated so much and also because it hurts so much and the worst bit is have to go through it all again Thursday and then probably another two or three times a week till it heals.
Hope that made sense.

And again boy did it hurt.

Last edited by Gordon; 02-09-2019 at 08:16 PM.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 08:48 PM   #273
tortydat
Sub Adult

Oh no Gordon poor you does that mean you have to stay in hospital until Thursday at least? How are the hot flushes have they subsided a bit? I hope that you manage to sleep a bit better tonight. xx
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:19 PM   #274
Gordon
Adult

Forgotten about the hot flushes I'm still traumatized as till Thursday I dont now yet but I do know I'm going to struggle to let them touch it again.
As for sleep I really cant see me getting much of that.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:38 PM   #275
emma_mcraf
Adult

It sounds horrendous. There’s no way of sugar-coating what you’re going through. I’m just so sorry you have had to go through so much already and now are left dreading Thursday.
It was a good call by the hospital to keep you in for the first dressing change. Imagine if that had been at the GP surgery. Actually, don’t consider it!
So glad they managed to stop the bleeding and didn’t need to take you back to surgery.

Possibly a stupid question but can’t they give any lidocaine or something to help reduce the pain before the dressing change?
Even gas and air sounds a fair request. x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 03-09-2019, 11:27 PM   #276
tortydat
Sub Adult

Gordon says he's sorry for not responding Emma but has not had a good day today and isn't feeling at all happy. Let's hope that things start to look up for big G and the pain he is in starts to ease. Maybe we should all send him some good vibes and keep everything crossed for him. xx
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:32 PM   #277
burnt toast
Adult

It sounds horrendous. I think you should definitely ask for pain relief before Thursday Gordon. Tell them your traumatised at just the thought of it!
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:42 PM   #278
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
Gordon says he's sorry for not responding Emma but has not had a good day today and isn't feeling at all happy. Let's hope that things start to look up for big G and the pain he is in starts to ease. Maybe we should all send him some good vibes and keep everything crossed for him. xx
Thanks, Mary.
Always sending him my thoughts. x

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt toast View Post
It sounds horrendous. I think you should definitely ask for pain relief before Thursday Gordon. Tell them your traumatised at just the thought of it!
I agree, Lynn.
Really hope they can help manage the pain for you, Gordon. It’s terrible you’re going through so much.
Take care and know we’re all thinking of you. x

Old 07-09-2019, 02:52 PM   #279
Suze65
Adult

Oh Gordon that sounds almost unbearable for any human to have to go through, I can full understand how your now dreading the next dressing change, how would you feel about trying some controlled, slow breathing or even mindfulness, I know some people that stuff is silly, actually it’s really helpful.

I wish I could take all of this away for you. Xxx and yes I agree with Lynn, tell them how traumatised you are, they need to take this into consideration too.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012

Last edited by Suze65; 07-09-2019 at 02:54 PM.
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 03:19 PM   #280
Gordon
Adult

Ok I'm home and wow never want to go through that again.
I didn't eat anything all the time I was in there (8 days) apart from some soup on the first two days.
Then totally lost my appetite which apparently was down to the bladder infection I had I constantly felt sick which is not nice and generally yuk.
So I'm now home with a vacuum pump on again which is the most annoying part but at least I'm up and about still not eating much but have made a start and I'm going to have a nice steak with loads of nothingness with it for tea as that's all I fancy.