Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Missing/Found/Stolen

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
justmeandmytortoise
Adult

Default Found tortoise - Redditch

THE RSPCA is trying to find the owners of a tortoise who was found taking a stroll down a residential street in Redditch. The adult female tortoise was found on Sunday, May 23 in the Church Hill North area of the town.

http://www.redditchadvertiser.co.uk/...our_tortoise_/
Old 01-06-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
Box girl
Sub Adult

Do we know the species and I will check our fingerprint database we have a few who live in Redditch.

Money raised to Allwetter Zoo Muenster e6000 sent so far.

Have bred-red foots, yellow foots, eastern box, 3 toed box, ornate box, gulf coast box, common musk, elongated tortoise, red eared terrapin, cuora flavomarginata, cuora amboinensis, hermanns tortoise, horsfield tortoise, rhinoclemys.p. manni,
european pond turtle, reeves and spurs
Old 01-06-2010, 09:48 PM   #3
justmeandmytortoise
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box girl View Post
Do we know the species and I will check our fingerprint database we have a few who live in Redditch.
Sorry ... I only know what is in the paper and thought I would post when I read the article should it help someone. I think there is a contact number

Hope it helps someone
Old 01-06-2010, 09:51 PM   #4
Box girl
Sub Adult

Ok I will ring in the morning just checked the database and we have quite a few in Redditch but the tort does not look adult to me and need to confirm its sex.

Have bred-red foots, yellow foots, eastern box, 3 toed box, ornate box, gulf coast box, common musk, elongated tortoise, red eared terrapin, cuora flavomarginata, cuora amboinensis, hermanns tortoise, horsfield tortoise, rhinoclemys.p. manni,
Old 01-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #5
justmeandmytortoise
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box girl View Post
Ok I will ring in the morning just checked the database and we have quite a few in Redditch but the tort does not look adult to me and need to confirm its sex.
Good luck with this one

This is what I mean in the thread http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=35815 ... why can't the RSPCA, police etc work with chelonia groups and organisations when dealing with a 'found' tortoise . We might be able to help
Old 02-06-2010, 12:01 AM   #6
joekent
Hatchling

Send a message via MSN to joekent

I cant believe they have put a photo of this tortoise with the article - now anyone can claim her as theirs!
Old 02-06-2010, 08:10 AM   #7
justmeandmytortoise
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekent View Post
I cant believe they have put a photo of this tortoise with the article - now anyone can claim her as theirs!
As Geomyda says ... have I invited the RSPCA along to our talk on 20th June on lost/found/stolen tortoises (and more) Perhaps the photo is of any tortoise just to support the story.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #8
Box girl
Sub Adult

You will not be able to identify the tort form a photo like this you need the plastron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekent View Post

Old 20-06-2010, 02:24 PM   #9
shellshock
Incubating

I was quite shocked to see this tort in the local paper , living in the same area I thought it might be one of mine (for one insane moment ) and rushed out side to see them all safe and sound , I just car'nt belive they havent noticed its gone! so perhaps its one they lost before hibernation and when it woke with the warm weather its been going walk about.? very odd .

Jane
Closed Thread