Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 10-07-2007, 10:42 AM   #51
Caroline McI
Hatchling

It's addictive on here though
Caroline McI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:04 AM   #52
EJ
Adult

This post is going to go into my 'abused tortoise' file as another tortoise raised by a clueless tortoise keeper

That is one wonderful looking tortoise by anyones standards. I've got quite a few accounts of those in that file.

The best of luck with him. I'd suggest not fixing what aint broke. If you do want to raise the boy a different way I'd strongly suggest changing it very slowly and take most if not all of your advice from the person who raised that animal because he obviously has a feel for the tortoise and it looks like a very good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore
Sids garden was a very neat well kept lawn with not a weed in sight, his owner recently asked me if I was giving him his cooked brocolli, beans cauliflower that he loves I have no idea why he,s as good as he is I also don,t know the causes of MBD if thats what its called I assume its the same as pyramiding, Toosie my female is the same another rehomer who was fed dog food amoung other things she is fine as well Sid was purchased along with another as babies from the Thanet Tortoise Trust the other tortoise died, Tootsie we believe was probably wild caught and came from a pet shop over 30 years ago maybe some are just tougher or maybe some just don,t do so well in the egg and would get it anyway I,m just guessing but don,t think its always as straightforward as some believe.

and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:39 AM   #53
Pussygalore
Adult

that was my initial reaction when I first saw either of them we got Tootsi last year I paid £80 for her she was advertised on Gumtree and we went to see her before saying anything on here for fear of being warned of buying her, she had no papers which I have since got for her and she,s settled in fine I was orriginally told she was 25 but now think she,s more like 35 shes, lovely and I don,t regret getting her at all, Sid came to me through Henry Flash his owner couldn,t keep him anymore because he was agressive to her dogs ( I don,t have any)she had religiously stuck to the old ways of feeding and I was expecting him to be rough to say the least but I think hes magnificent he weighs 2200 grms and was hatched in 95, he has settled in although it took him a while he has access the same as my others to a large area of rough grass/weeds etc but they do all have the odd treat mostly when it gets hot and dry as they like tomatoes, strawberrys etc I think it ups their moisture intake it doesn,t stop them eating the weeds etc the other tort that was bought with sid died a long time ago, to me they are good and healthy.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote