Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
pagan queen
Adult

Default Why can't people just SHUT UP?

I can't stand it for much longer. My neighbours are driving me insane. Both sides are just so noisy. One side has been doing 'things' to their house for 4 weeks now. Knocking down walls, putting in a new boiler, removing old tiles from their floor and cutting new ones. The noise is horrendous all day long. The other side thinks it's OK to jet wash his car at 8 am on a Sunday, then cut his hedge and try out his remote control plane or his motor bike.

I live in the country because I like the peace and quiet, to listen to the birds sing and enjoy sitting in my garden on sunny days. I am so fed up with all this noise. I'm not a miserable neighbour who moans all the time and I do understand that people want to improve their house but why must it go on all the time?
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
alley cat
Adult

I too am feeling like this today! my neighbours keep horses so every morning they put them out into the field and throw shut the metal gates behind them, then they do it all again as they walk back to get the next horse, this is repeated several times until all horses are out and fed and watered, I am begining to hate horses and thier owners!!!!!
alley cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
Merlin M
Adult

Hmm its not cricket really, common decency not to start work before 9am during the week so 8 on a Sunday is just evil!!!
Merlin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
Merlin M
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by alley cat View Post
I too am feeling like this today! my neighbours keep horses so every morning they put them out into the field and throw shut the metal gates behind them, then they do it all again as they walk back to get the next horse, this is repeated several times until all horses are out and fed and watered, I am begining to hate horses and thier owners!!!!!
you wouldn't think it would kill they to close the gate softly, grew up in the country can't say we ever slammed a gate, its just laziness!
Merlin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
JackieL
Sub Adult

I feel your pain. Our idiot neighbour was outside at 9am with his leaf blower, I think its selfish, Sunday might be the only day some folk get a lie in and what does he do...? Get his noisy blower out. The blokes a pleb.
JackieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #6
Easter Bunny
Adult

I had to move due to the neigbour being a DIY fanatic, he never stopped, never finished anything.. The noise was horrendous every day even on Sundays he would be drilling and banging. x
Old 12-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNNEE View Post
I had to move due to the neigbour being a DIY fanatic, he never stopped, never finished anything.. The noise was horrendous every day even on Sundays he would be drilling and banging. x
Sounds like he moved too Lynne, next door to us . He never does anything right. He's knocked out a wall between the kitchen and dining room and I'm sure it was a supporting wall. They have converted their garage into a games room for their son. Our houses are link detached, that means they are no longer detached as their garage is attached to ours effectively joining the houses. And now we get to listen to the constant shouting when he's playing in there.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 12-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #8
Doodle-Bug
Hatched

You actually need planning permission to convert a garage into a usable room as we found out when we put in plans for an extension icluding the conversion of the garage. The walls ajoining yours should have been sound proofed etc , you can always contact your local council. They may make him sound proof walls etc, whilst it won,t solve all the problems it will ease one.
Doodle-Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #9
Bindi
Super Moderator
Adult

We've been building an extension so are pretty guilty of making our fair share of noise, but we do try to respect our neighbours by never doing anything on a Sunday and not starting anything noisy too early on a Saturday.

There is nothing worse than noise pollution. It'll send you bonkers in the end
Old 12-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #10
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle-Bug View Post
You actually need planning permission to convert a garage into a usable room as we found out when we put in plans for an extension icluding the conversion of the garage. The walls ajoining yours should have been sound proofed etc , you can always contact your local council. They may make him sound proof walls etc, whilst it won,t solve all the problems it will ease one.
I was aware of that and also that they should be paying more council tax as there is another room in the house now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi View Post
We've been building an extension so are pretty guilty of making our fair share of noise, but we do try to respect our neighbours by never doing anything on a Sunday and not starting anything noisy too early on a Saturday.

There is nothing worse than noise pollution. It'll send you bonkers in the end
I understand that there has to be some noise when doing house improvements but this is all the time. They have been making noise now for 4 weeks constantly. Before that he had a drain problem and spent hours plunging his drain. That sent sewage smells up into our kitchen and always while we were eating. Then he called out the drains people on a Sunday while we were eating our roast and had people round. He is currently cutting his lawn, he only cut it at 8am yesterday. It's 8.45pm now.
The other thing is, the whole family are so loud. They talk so loudly everyone in the street can hear them. They think nothing of shouting in the garden at 7.30 am. And he holds telephone conversations in the garden. I know that he has a debt collection agency after him for not paying his gas bill, he had that conversation in the garden.

Last weekend they fitted a new boiler. He did it himself with the help of a friend. They were drilling through a wall connected to ours at 9am last Sunday. My daughter had been working late doing a stock take and was trying to catch up on some sleep. She went round and politely asked if they could leave it for another few hours and they said no and shut the door in her face. She was in tears.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband