Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Caresheets/Links/Books

Old 30-12-2010, 04:57 PM   #11
SeeShell
Adult

Yes, that's something I will definitely keep in mind Wendy - thanks for that. Come the better weather I'll keep an eye open for cheap deals. I would love to meet some of the other SW members - just to put a face to an email!
SeeShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #12
TortBabe
Adult

Me and EB are going to try to make it over for the May meeting where is Ed is doing a talk.....would be great to see you there Seeshell
Old 30-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #13
SeeShell
Adult

That sounds like a real possibility. Be brill to meet you at last TB (and EB!)!! I will def see if I can make that.
SS
SeeShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2010, 03:10 PM   #14
Geomyda
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeandmytortoise View Post
I think this book is well worth reading ... for everyone After reading it I felt Just Me and my Tortoise should encourage more children to get involved and interested in Chelonia ... as they are the future and will help in their survival. So we now have a children's club and will be running a photo competition for them in 2011.
I certainly agree with this statement, the education of the young and old on Chelonian issues will hopefully get some improved prospects for the future of this group of animals.
I have recently been corresponding with some Chinese nationals in the country, and been somewat inspired by their apparent thirst for knowledge on many aspects of Chelonian issues. Biology, Husbandry, Conservation. This to me proves that Forums such as this one can make a difference.
Geomyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #15
TortBabe
Adult

I agree Paul, I have been an owner now for just a year but my interest gets greater every day I will never learn enough, and neither will every child who comes into my house, they are like little sponges soaking up all the info