Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Where to Buy and Bargains

Old 17-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #21
RacingSnake
Hatchling

Send a message via MSN to RacingSnake

They were going to add a partition in it for me, but I said no, I'd add one myself if it came to it.

Bev, that picture is a mock-up that I made for them based on the duck house - but I have now paid for it (gulp), and they said it'd be about 3 weeks.
I'll take a picture and post it up when it arrives
    {_}-{_}                    {_}-{_}
RacingSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #22
pam 23
Egg

Hi can i just say I dont live far from northumberland joinery, so i went and had a look, and what lovely people they are, i am also having a house built and insulated, can i ask what lighting/heating your putting in you.

pam
pam 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #23
RacingSnake
Hatchling

Send a message via MSN to RacingSnake

I'm having a 3 ft tubular heater for ambient heat, then I'll use my 150w ceramic heater for a 'hotspot'.
Then I'll use a 2 or 3 ft strip UV light, and I think 'll chuck on a daylight bulb to increase the overall brightness.

are you having a built in run too? they said they were building one for someone else which has a built in cold frame bit, and then out into a meshed run.
    {_}-{_}                    {_}-{_}
RacingSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #24
pam 23
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingSnake View Post
I'm having a 3 ft tubular heater for ambient heat, then I'll use my 150w ceramic heater for a 'hotspot'.
Then I'll use a 2 or 3 ft strip UV light, and I think 'll chuck on a daylight bulb to increase the overall brightness.

are you having a built in run too? they said they were building one for someone else which has a built in cold frame bit, and then out into a meshed run.
No that's not me but they did show me the drawing its looks fab, I'm still not sure whether to put a uv strip light in or a combination bulb, I've got an infrared bulb on a stat which I may put in, just not sure what's to do was also thinking about tubular heater.
Old 19-05-2013, 12:57 AM   #25
yuna1971
Adult

I can't wait to see both your pictures of the goods they've made, Racingsnake & Pam xx

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 02:48 AM   #26
lynnedit
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam 23 View Post
No that's not me but they did show me the drawing its looks fab, I'm still not sure whether to put a uv strip light in or a combination bulb, I've got an infrared bulb on a stat which I may put in, just not sure what's to do was also thinking about tubular heater.
Pam, why don't you start with background heat like your infrared bulb or tubular heater? See how the weather goes . You can add a basking light (not sure you need UV in there, just a warm up spot), if the good weather never happens. They will get UV outside even if they can only dart out for an hour or so.

RS, that is going to be a fabulous tortoise shed. Wish we had quality products like that here.
Pacific NW, US
lynnedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #27
pam 23
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnedit View Post
Pam, why don't you start with background heat like your infrared bulb or tubular heater? See how the weather goes . You can add a basking light (not sure you need UV in there, just a warm up spot), if the good weather never happens. They will get UV outside even if they can only dart out for an hour or so.

RS, that is going to be a fabulous tortoise shed. Wish we had quality products like that here.

Hi Lynne thanks for your advice I think i will see how I get on with the infrared, and then maybe tweek it if it needs it.

Thanks