Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Pictures

Old 10-08-2018, 08:59 PM   #11
Jan W
Sub Adult

Gentle transition Emma!

We have had torrential rain today and I'm wearing a fleece!

The torts haven't moved all day.

I'm not complaining though as I found it all too hot. Happy to have some rain too. It just feels like a dramatic change.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:49 PM   #12
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan W View Post
Gentle transition Emma!

We have had torrential rain today and I'm wearing a fleece!

The torts haven't moved all day.

I'm not complaining though as I found it all too hot. Happy to have some rain too. It just feels like a dramatic change.
We’ll have a last blast of summer yet, Jan.
we had some heavy showers but then it came out sunny and warm this afternoon. Typical August really.

The rain has been lovely and the garden is thankful for it. The weeds have popped up again too.

As for wearing a fleece, I often feel cold when everyone else is in T-shirts. It’s a family joke I always take one to the beach. Well, you never know.... clouds cover the sun for half an hour and out comes my flask and fleece!

Hope Bertie and Beatrice get some warmer weather and perk up a bit before winding down. Probably not this weekend though going by the forecast!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:07 PM   #13
CherryBrandy
Adult

Ha ! I always have a woolly hat with me too Emma for the beach, and yesterday I was in a thick fleece, shorts and snow boots walking the dog.....no accounting for taste !
Sunny today and they said rain so I am crossing my fingers for the torts CB
Old 11-08-2018, 03:58 PM   #14
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
Ha ! I always have a woolly hat with me too Emma for the beach, and yesterday I was in a thick fleece, shorts and snow boots walking the dog.....no accounting for taste !
Sunny today and they said rain so I am crossing my fingers for the torts CB
Piddling down here. We had a lovely road trip to Wales this morning; drove up in gorgeous sunshine and returned to England to drizzle and now heavy rain. The water butts will be refilled to the top!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 11-08-2018, 10:07 PM   #15
Jan W
Sub Adult

We had a lovely family day in Hertfordshire and then by the time we were half way home raining again. Torts looked as though they hadn't move and definitely no food eaten. Rain and thunderstorms tomorrow!

Monday is looking better and the weeds are looking great.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:04 PM   #16
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan W View Post
We had a lovely family day in Hertfordshire and then by the time we were half way home raining again. Torts looked as though they hadn't move and definitely no food eaten. Rain and thunderstorms tomorrow!

Monday is looking better and the weeds are looking great.
Yes, the weeds are loving the rain!

Old 12-08-2018, 05:38 PM   #17
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
We’ll have a last blast of summer yet, Jan.
we had some heavy showers but then it came out sunny and warm this afternoon. Typical August really.

The rain has been lovely and the garden is thankful for it. The weeds have popped up again too.

As for wearing a fleece, I often feel cold when everyone else is in T-shirts. It’s a family joke I always take one to the beach. Well, you never know.... clouds cover the sun for half an hour and out comes my flask and fleece!
Wait till you reach about 50 ! You won’t feel cold very often ever again , I used to be cold all the time, now I’m glad when it’s really cold and even then , on a freezing cold winters night I can still be burning 😕 so although it’s been lovely on the one hand , having a hot sunny summer, on the other hand I’ve had enough now 😨

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:34 PM   #18
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
Wait till you reach about 50 ! You won’t feel cold very often ever again , I used to be cold all the time, now I’m glad when it’s really cold and even then , on a freezing cold winters night I can still be burning 😕 so although it’s been lovely on the one hand , having a hot sunny summer, on the other hand I’ve had enough now 😨
It’ll be interesting in a few years Suze as the coldness is caused by medical issues and medication, so whether the hot flushes will be reduced or just as bad will be interesting to see.

Old 12-08-2018, 07:55 PM   #19
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
It’ll be interesting in a few years Suze as the coldness is caused by medical issues and medication, so whether the hot flushes will be reduced or just as bad will be interesting to see.
Oh of course poor you , I had forgotten, but my sister is cold because of rumitoid arthritis, but she still had hot flushes. Or you can go through the whole thing with no symptoms at all. I can be burning up and have cold feet

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:18 PM   #20
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
Oh of course poor you , I had forgotten, but my sister is cold because of rumitoid arthritis, but she still had hot flushes. Or you can go through the whole thing with no symptoms at all. I can be burning up and have cold feet
Funny how it affects people differently isn’t it. Rheumatoid Arthritis is horrible. Yet another auto immune disease. Does she have just the one? I have two, my eldest son has two...

Thank goodness for slippers! I actually love slippers. I’m such a granny but I love to take my shoes off and slip my feet into a nice comfy warm pair of slippers.

Hope your symptoms pass quickly, Suze.