Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 15-01-2014, 04:23 PM   #1
Pussygalore
Adult

Default Zantac

As you know Milo was neutered 12 days ago and all went well however when he was on his 3 days of painkillers/antibiotics after his opp his appetite became like a normal dog, eating everything offered. This is the second time its happened once in the summer when he wasn't well and on a similar pill, anyway it occured to me that the pills could be stopping 'indigestion' or similar and I mentioned it to the vet at his 3 day checkup. Needless to say once the pills were stopped within a few days he went back to his not wanting to eat so he's now on a trial of Zantac liquid, a tiny dose of 3 ml but so far it seems to be working. I've been told that a dog can be on that sort of thing for life if needed, I do hope it solves the problem as at least then we would know that there is a stomach problem so fingers crossed.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 04:49 PM   #2
Pussygalore
Adult

don't know whether its working or not, Milo seems to wait for the raw chicken wing he has and I'm thinking I should stop them and make him eat his other food. I've been giving him a wing for a few days and he actually eats them with gusto but then doesn't want the other food. At least getting him to take the Zantac isn't a problem, we've spoilt him rotten and don't know how to change him, anyone know how to stop barking?. He's getting to be a nuisance and barks at everyone and everything including children who want to say hello, Mrs C hubby's boss and our landlady complained the other day as she thought he'd jump up and scratch/nip her legs, shes elderly, so I've got to do something, any suggestions.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote