Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 17-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
Pussygalore
Adult

Default I hate my mum!

I'll never dare show my face in public again, what will the other dogs think note all the toys under the table, one spoilt dog

Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
Merlin M
Adult

May not be pretty but he will love it when its wet or snowy!

You just need some wee boots to keep his feet dry and warm!
Merlin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
emma_mcraf
Adult

One nice dry Milo with one bedraggled wet tail when he heads out in the rain then.
Spoilt boy!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
ash92
Egg

Can i ask where did you get this from, my cavalier has a rain coat but in the snow we have to wrap plastic bags around his legs and his tummy because the snow attachs to his fur and makes little snowballs that pulls on his skin. something like this would be great
Old 17-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
Pussygalore
Adult

heres the link I hope it works http://www.rabartforfineart.com/-new...uit-5037-p.asp its fully adjustable around the chest and belly, with adjustable elastic on buttons around the tail area, I'll need to turn up the back legs a bit but that won't be hard. Milo's is a 12inch short leg and its made of a sort of stretchy material which can be washed, ours came today and I'm very pleased with it. Milo doesn't mind get wed and muddy but gets cold afterwards and takes hours to dry so this might be a solution, he's very tolerant and puts up with most things, it won't take him long to walk properly at the moment its like he has a 'wedgy'. You can get boots with rubber soles we looked at them in Cumbria recently, they're intended for dogs that do a lot of mountain work and protects their feet but we're not that active. I did find a few more sites that sell them but most were a cheap nylon and weren't adjustable, this did cost a bit more but it was only a few pounds different and I wanted something that would last.

Last edited by Pussygalore; 17-10-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 17-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #6
Merlin M
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore View Post
heres the link I hope it works http://www.rabartforfineart.com/-new...uit-5037-p.asp its fully adjustable around the chest and belly, with adjustable elastic on buttons around the tail area, I'll need to turn up the back legs a bit but that won't be hard. Milo's is a 12inch short leg and its made of a sort of stretchy material which can be washed, ours came today and I'm very pleased with it. Milo doesn't mind get wed and muddy but gets cold afterwards and takes hours to dry so this might be a solution, he's very tolerant and puts up with most things, it won't take him long to walk properly at the moment its like he has a 'wedgy'. You can get boots with rubber soles we looked at them in Cumbria recently, they're intended for dogs that do a lot of mountain work and protects their feet but we're not that active.
Yeah but snow can really get stuck in cold Paws...
It is a great jacket!
Old 17-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #7
Pussygalore
Adult

the boots would be great if you live in the north etc god knows what he'd think to wearing a pair though, but the guy in the shop where we saw them said they sell a lot. My son was thinking about getting some for their Jackie, they do a lot of mountain walking and mountain biking and Sam goes with them. He sometimes finds it hard to grip on slippery wet boulders and the boots have grip soles, they would also help protect from cuts etc, you can get all sorts of things for the active dogs including back packs. Milo's wax has two pockets which I assume are for some money in case he needs to phone home. or his energy bars.
Old 17-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #8
Merlin M
Adult

Hehehe

Yes up north it can be pretty cold...
Sorry wasn't really trying to say you needed to get him boots...
Have nearly got some for Buzz but she doesn't walk far these days!
Old 17-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #9
Pussygalore
Adult

we don't have the bad weather down here and if we do I don't go walking, he could have done with some in Cumbria though, we did one small mountain and it was very stoney but he didn't seem to mind, he slept well afterwards though. The suit would have been usefull though as it was wet and windy at the top, the onesey I looked at up there cost £68 I couldn't beleive the price and evn asked the shop if it was right. I also asked whether they ever sold any and he said it was a good seller, I would think twice about paying that for me let alone the dog. I think the decent boots aren't cheap either so you'd need to make good use of them, I've seen huskies wearing them on the tv when they are racing in the snow so they must be good for hard working dogs, I don't think I'd call Milo that.
Old 17-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #10
Merlin M
Adult

I don't think I could put boots on a husky, they cool through their feet...