Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Non Med Species - Information & Questions

Old 31-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #31
littlestar
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
mulberry is listed on that link I posted, I don't think I've ever seen one though
noticed on that list about rose but it says only petals not leaves TTT says different.
littlestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #32
littlestar
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemstone-Dragons View Post
This is what I meant, the lists I've read give probably around 50 plants that are good feeders but varied.
There must be many aspects needed to make up a torts diet and the lists dont help with which of them make a balanced diet just mix as many as possible and you 'should' be ok.

That is what I was now looking into, if I could cut their varied lust down using your experience to maybe 10-20 plants that fit that nutritional balance as much as possible to use as a basic diet with extras added ontop.

IMO if you choose to feed your dog a raw food diet over processed petfood it is only beneficial to the animal if you get the nutritional balance right otherwise lacking in allsorts.

I wanted to go down the fresh homegrown weeds route at least as my basic diet I could top up but am trying to learn and benefit from your experience as to the best way to do this for my little man.
thats why its best to give them a little of every weed you can. in the wild a tort eats whatever it can find.
littlestar is offline   Reply With Quote