Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 14-06-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
Pussygalore
Adult

Default New Job and Home

We heard today that hubby has got a job that we went to see on saturday, its at a place called knowle just outside Solihull so we'll be joing you lot up north. Theres loads of empty greenhouses,paddocks,coldframes etc and the torts will be welcome, best of all a heated covered swimming pool. For any football members the lady is the widow of Keith Coombs who died recently and was the chairman of Birmingham football club or something like that (not being footy myself). We're hoping to go again next week to have a better look at the accomodation and sort something out for the torts but I was wondering if the worst happens and we can't sort anything out before the move ( I'd need somewhere to put them on moving day) whether anyone lived in that area and might be able to help me if needed. It would be the two adult Iberas, and just for a few days before and after we moved, I hope I won't need help but if anyone could then please get in touch with me, thanks ps its not untill the end of July
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
freakinmental
Juvenile

so glad that he got another job and u both got somewhere to live, hopefully there will be just as much wildlife there to keep u as entertained as u are used to. sadly i dont live close enuff to have the torts but hopefully someone does!

freakinmental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 05:38 PM   #3
justmeandmytortoise
Adult

Congratulations and I hope you will be posting some more of your lovely photos when you settle in
Old 14-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #4
TortBabe
Adult

Good luck with that Anne, it sounds like a lovely place
Old 14-06-2010, 06:30 PM   #5
tartaruga amore
Sub Adult

lol, the midlands is still south to us northerners!

good luck with the new job, sorry i cant help
tartaruga amore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 06:49 PM   #6
Pussygalore
Adult

we're now going up next week on the friday, Mrs Coombs says we can 'do what we like' so hopefully we can split a gh in two so there'll be somwhere on the moving day for them. I want a better look at the flat as well as we only had a quick glimpse, the torts will be fine untill we can build a run or fence of part of one of the paddocks or gardens, she had a tort years ago and said it would be lovely to see them again, I can't believe how lucky we've been I thought they may have to go. Does anyone know if it will be alright to move my incubator and eggs, I thought of putting cotton wool around them to stop them moving and insulating the box on the outside plus sitting the whole thing on padding, do you think that will work, its about 3 hours from here to there. Hopefully some will have hatched by then but there might still be some eggs. The first time the meet has been down this way and we're moving up there, talk about bad luck!
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #7
TortoiseBea
Hatched

Send a message via Yahoo to TortoiseBea

I live in Solihull I think it's a nice place to live