Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-07-2017, 09:51 PM   #11
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
What about cricket? x
Not for me, Mary. My close friend in Adelaide and her husband have really got into it since they emigrated a number of years ago. It's quite a big event there with entertainment, fireworks and music.

We're a rugby family but my husband and youngest son love F1 and Moto GP too. I don't like motorbikes ordinarily but the Moto GP can be exciting to watch. We're all fans of Valentino Rossi. So Sunday afternoons is often their sport time. The entire family play golf too, including my in-laws. I'm the only one who doesn't. My favourite sport is reading!!

Are you a cricket fan Mary? x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:46 PM   #12
tortydat
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric Jonathan View Post
Only people with Sky are allowed to watch any cricket on tv. It's a disgrace!
Think it's changing in the near future to share it about a bit but in the meantime it's all we have Sky for and to us it's worth every penny!
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:19 PM   #13
emma_mcraf
Adult

It's a shame when sports are only available on certain channels which aren't available to all. We don't have Sky but hubby has BT Sport, so they can watch Moto GP and the rugby.

I know a chap who used to play Polo years ago.
After reading the Jilly Cooper book, I can just imagine what shenanigans he got up to.
Not sure if it's a sport that's ever televised.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:59 PM   #14
tortydat
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Not for me, Mary. My close friend in Adelaide and her husband have really got into it since they emigrated a number of years ago. It's quite a big event there with entertainment, fireworks and music.

We're a rugby family but my husband and youngest son love F1 and Moto GP too. I don't like motorbikes ordinarily but the Moto GP can be exciting to watch. We're all fans of Valentino Rossi. So Sunday afternoons is often their sport time. The entire family play golf too, including my in-laws. I'm the only one who doesn't. My favourite sport is reading!!

Are you a cricket fan Mary? x
Yes I love cricket but also watch a lot of football and really love tennis so am spoilt for choice at the moment. My husband likes F1 so it's just as well I'm out at a tortoise meeting on Sunday so he can watch it in peace without me flipping channels! x
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:35 AM   #15
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric Jonathan View Post
Some of you keepers down south have had tons of great weather this year but up here we had at most two weeks that were nice and the rest of the time it's been really poor. Quite often dull conditions with temps of 13C for days at a time.

I've had to rotate my tortoises, even the larger ones, with sessions indoors. Otherwise they would be slowing right down in spite of the help I give them outside.

June is often the best month here and that's finished obviously. July is often wet. Fed up with it!!
I was at Newmarket for 4 days and it was torrential rain, thunder and lightning. In sunny Scotland this morning it was only 7c at 5am but it's to be sunny intervals most of the day but not really high temps forecast, 17c max I think. For the most part it's been cold and wet over here so far this summer too
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:24 AM   #16
Merlin M
Adult

May was quite nice, and June was warm between the rain...
Merlin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:46 AM   #17
ClareandCo
Sub Adult

I used to follow Le Tour de France back in the 80s/90s, but not anymore, although yesterday I read that Robert Millar is now a female commentator
ClareandCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:02 PM   #18
Jan W
Sub Adult

Tour de France- did you see that crash? Poor Ritchie Port. I think Frome will win.

Wimbledon - Murray and Djokovic now out with injuries. Federer to win I think. Konta for the singles.

Sadly having to work, so no more day time TV when too hot to be outside. Although I don't watch anything for long, just dipping in and out.

Sky TV - no don't have that.

Doze off during cricket or football, but like international rugby, athletics. Not so keen on the rest but like to hear what is going on.

Makes a change from politics at the moment.
Old 16-07-2017, 06:28 PM   #19
CherryBrandy
Adult

oooh watched the tennis and loved the rugby! like footie but not to the extent of arguing about who is best. Love fencing (use to do it ! ). Like Game of Thrones, and now a pre quell book !! amazing !! love books best of all ! CB
Old 19-07-2017, 12:11 PM   #20
Suze65
Adult

I've been in Cornwall and we had wet weather the first week and glorious weather the second week, almost like the Caribbean . I've decided my torts would love living in Cornwall and so would I, so maybe in a few years it might be on the cards, hopefully. When it gets hot down there it still feel lovely a fresh , but as soon as we got home to wilts it felt really close and muggy.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote