Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Classifieds > For Sale

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 02:37 PM   #31
brodi
Egg

Bit of a nightmare scenario all round really. But ur def doing right thing gettin good keeper for them.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #32
TortMad
Adult

Oh wow Paul

all the best to you, I hope you find a home you deem suitable for your tortoises, good luck.

You are one hell of a keeper with tortoises that are a pure credit to your many years of hard work. I am very saddened to hear that you have no choice but to re-home them

2.1.0 testudo horsfeldii
0.2.0 testudo graeca ibera
2.0.0 geochelone pardalis babcocki

http://www.thehenshouse.co.uk/
Old 10-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #33
Eire_Ade
Super Moderator
Adult

Hi Paul,

You are an inspirational keeper and breeder and its so sad that your personal circumstances have dictated this decision to sell your fantastic collection of tortoises.

I know you havent been around much and obviously has some bearing on your current life situation, but your posts always put a smile on my face, maybe its just the way you have with words and smilies?

I know you will find the best homes for these very special tortoises. You certainly have plenty of offers to choose from especially from whats typed here anyway, even those who havent read your original conditions of Pm'ing!!!or not to bother as the case may be!!!!

I hope you get your life back on track soon, there is always light at the end of the tunnel, no matter what lifes tribbulations throw at us, even though sometimes it doesnt seem like there is.

What is meant for you in life certainly will not pass you by!!!

Good luck mate. Talk to you soon hopefully.

Kind regards.

My Tortoises :- Dug (Testudo Graeca Ibera Terrestris (Syrian), Penny, JJ (JennyJack), Buttons and Gem (Testudo Graeca Ibera)
Old 11-08-2009, 01:25 AM   #34
linda
Adult

ade you have put into words words what i wanted to say

paul

remember our private pm chat
ive found my lost voice
you will understand this bit xxx
linda xx
Old 11-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #35
noneedforspeed
Incubating

hi there
i may have an idea ? if you live in kent not far from myself , do you really need to sell the tort or just want someone to look after them for a time 6-12 months .
i would love to buy them but if your looking for someone to help out maybe i can do that for you . that way i get the pleaseure and you stll have all your tortoises .
linda

my email is n1wfe@hotmail.co.uk
Old 11-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #36
Jennie
Incubating

Send a message via MSN to Jennie

They are beautiful - So sorry you have to rehome them xx

Old 11-08-2009, 11:01 PM   #37
MAGGIE
Egg

Default Tortoise collection

I am sorry to hear of your change of circumstances and hope you find suitable homes for them
Old 15-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #38
shellshock
Incubating

I just ehco all the above, I'm just gutted TT, I wish I could help you out but unfortunately I live too far away, It seems lately that we are loseing a lot of exprerienced and knowledge people on here and I miss them all , please dont forget us and keep posting .

very kindest regards Jane.
Old 15-08-2009, 12:14 PM   #39
shafach
Juvenile

Only now reading this post... you must be gutted having to make this decision... really hope you find a good home for them all... Take care of yourself hun x

two hermanns - Mikey and Ralph
two moggies -Kenny and Roisin
one hamster -Trev
Old 15-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #40
terrific tortoises
Juvenile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
Paul,

The tortoise world is about to loose yet another great, knowledgeable keeper its a sad day !

I don't envy the job ahead as i am sure for these animals no one will be good enough, but there are some great people out there its just picking off the good from the bad, but you always were very good at getting the measure of people.

And where will we be when it starts kicking off on another forum without your words of wisdom ?

Good luck....

Dazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eire_Ade View Post
Hi Paul,

You are an inspirational keeper and breeder and its so sad that your personal circumstances have dictated this decision to sell your fantastic collection of tortoises.

I know you haven't been around much and obviously has some bearing on your current life situation, but your posts always put a smile on my face, maybe its just the way you have with words and smilies?

I know you will find the best homes for these very special tortoises. You certainly have plenty of offers to choose from especially from whats typed here anyway, even those who haven't read your original conditions of Pm'ing!!!or not to bother as the case may be!!!!

I hope you get your life back on track soon, there is always light at the end of the tunnel, no matter what lifes tribbulations throw at us, even though sometimes it doesnt seem like there is.

What is meant for you in life certainly will not pass you by!!!

Good luck mate. Talk to you soon hopefully.

Kind regards.

Whilst I have received many many great emails and pms about this situation (which was a bit overwhelming if I'm honest)...Ive picked these 2 posts out above, because these posts are from a couple of old forum buddies of mine, who go back some years to the good old days when we where all just getting to know each other...These two posts say it all guys...thanks alot...

Im sorry if i haven't answered all the other messages that were sent to me, I will try to get them answered, but if I don't answer you directly, then I will say it here collectively...thanks for all the offers of help to try to keep my breeding groups for me...but a few of you will know, that that was just not possible...

Both the groups of Ibera and Hermanns, have now been re homed...Once again...cheers folks...All the best...Paul.