Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 13-12-2007, 03:47 PM   #1
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior
Default i was bored

got most of the things out of the way today and got ma xmas shopping done so i thought i wud check up on ma inverts.

p.s. sorry about the music on the first video (the music seems long but was not even in the same wrong and i was only used to try drown out the sound of my birds cheerping for the video but u can still hear them )

thought i wud show u my desert scorpion a week after i had him, this is the frist time i have really checked up on him properly as i ahve let him settle in , he has alot of objects in his tank but being a burrowing scorpion he digs all the sand and covers everyhting up, then at night he uncovers it all again. u maybe able to see a remains of his dinner last night.

this is one of my chile roses, she is one of the oldest tarantulas that i have, i don't normally handle her as she seems to be fine roaming around in her tank without out being picked up . i only get he rout maybe 4-6 times a year just to check her over and clean her tank out. very hard to handle and film at the same time.
wildlifewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2007, 02:02 PM   #2
carriemags
Hatched

Wow - your tarantula is big! Could your scorpion and spider hurt you? Do they both live by themselves?

Carrie
carriemags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2007, 02:11 PM   #3
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior

the tarantuals can be dangerous if u are alergic to there venom but even this is pretty treatable if u seek medical advice. nethier of these two have bit not stung me but ihave been bit a few times by this speice of tarantula....never the scorpion tho which i have been told has a harmless sting but it's incrediabaly painful and lasts for many hours. all of my scorpions and tarantulas and such are housed on there own unless they are being bred as they tend to be canabalistic.

cheers
wildlifewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote