Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 07-12-2007, 09:34 AM   #21
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior

remember tho that sakes are the recyclers os the petworld......u are a rodent keeper like me....most rodents sold are females are they can be kept easier without problemsd have don't smell as bad as males. this ment tat all the males were ,sexed at birtha nd then killed. it's only really since snake keeping as come along that the males lifes are used to help something else to life.....this also happens in chickern as the cockerialshad not use but know u can buy the baby chicks (males) as food.

these rodents are all killed humainly and are not worse really then a human eattig meat. but i can understand reasons why people will dislike feeding snake rodents.
wildlifewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:55 AM   #22
DAISY
Adult

In Drayton manor we saw a really big yellow snake feeding on a bunny. (dont know what kind of snake but if I can find the pics later I'll try an post so someone can identify) Initialy I felt sad for the bunny, but at least it was already dead, and then it was just too facinating not to watch. I think its the fur and stuff that does it. Least when you eat a steak (which I dont) it doesnt look like a cow

Rach

Mum to 12 horsfields, 2 redfoots, 2 spur-thighed, 4 dogs, 1 cat, 1 guinea pig, 3 chipmunks, 3 african pygmy hedgehogs, 4 bearded dragons, 1 goldfish. 2 daughters and 1 husband.
DAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:21 PM   #23
KayMarie
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to KayMarie

Snakes give me the creeps, you can't help but admire their markings though
KayMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:56 PM   #24
piglet
Adult

Rach I have seen that snake its huge , if memory serves me correct its a burmese python (albino)

When did you go Rach what was the tortoise accomadation like I believe its been up graded.

17 years old 25 years ago
piglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:48 PM   #25
DAISY
Adult

Darren, we went at the end of the summer hols and judging by past pics I'd seen there were some improvements. The tiled room that used to house a jumble of breeds only had 3 leopards. There was a large outdoor enclosure with a shed for the big torts, still mixed species though. If memory serves, a large redfoot, 2 sulcata and a whopper of a tort think was burmese something but at least they where out in the sun, grassy area and had a big muddy wallowing pool that they all seemed to be enjoying. Still fed salady stuff from what I can see. Id also been told that the pancakes were mixed with lizards, but they were on their own but still in a glass case. Hopefully this is only the start of more improvements.
Thanks for the id on the snake by the way, and without a pic too, impresive 8)

Rach

Mum to 12 horsfields, 2 redfoots, 2 spur-thighed, 4 dogs, 1 cat, 1 guinea pig, 3 chipmunks, 3 african pygmy hedgehogs, 4 bearded dragons, 1 goldfish. 2 daughters and 1 husband.
DAISY is offline   Reply With Quote