Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 16-09-2007, 09:54 AM   #81
Jo666
Incubating

Can I just go back a few posts and add my support to Piglet...........I have met him and Chris and had the pleasure of being shown all their animals. They are all fantastically well cared for and all their dietary and housing needs are met, and more. This site would be a much sadder place without Piglets advice.
Jo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2007, 10:22 AM   #82
Shazza4505
Hatched

Send a message via Yahoo to Shazza4505
Default Re: keeping monkeys as pets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceleetortoise
i have always been quite taken by monkeys, but honestly idnt think they would make good pets, and actually didnt think they could even be bought in the uk (except for marmosets), but i have recently seen a few private ads for capuchin monkeys, and i have to say they look gorgeous and id love one, does anyone know if they would make good pets? does anyone keep them? or can anyone tell me something about keeping them?
I have skimmed through the replies here (read most in detail but if i repeat anything anyone has previously said, then my apologies).

I think the point here is, whether it be right or wrong, these animals are being brought into the UK. No matter what anyones opinion on keeping these and other exotic animals are, i think we will all agree that we want whats best for the animal.
If the animal is already in the UK and unable to be put back into the wild, then i would far rather see it go to a responsible good pet owner like bruceleetortoise then someone who wont care for it.

We all do the best for the animals we have in our care.
Shazza4505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2007, 11:03 AM   #83
chris_walton
Sub Adult

alot of the primates that are in the uk have been so along time and have descendents from the 18th century or they have been swaped for long term captives from other zoos or private collections and the impotation is restricted now unlike torts unfourtunally

chris_walton is offline   Reply With Quote