Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 07-07-2007, 11:44 AM   #21
Toni115
Adult

I am so sorry for what happened, she seemed such a lovely dog, and she would have had a good life with you

I am a bit confused though, why did they send someone else to get her when you had already fostered her? that seems really mean and must be really confusing the dog! why didnt they just let her settle with you for a while?

What a bunch of meanies - still like you said, what goes around comes around
Old 07-07-2007, 12:10 PM   #22
Nickynoodles
Hatched

Oh bless your heart - that is absolutely awful - I cannot believe this and really do feel for you. I know she may have had her jeep pranged (sssshhhh - I would have keyed it too) I always thought that the fosterers' had the first choice of whether they adopt the dog or not?? - poor thing being passed from pillar to post. Were you fostering for the Rescue Centre?

1.0.0 Testudo Hermanni
Nickynoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:58 PM   #23
Lyn
Adult

So sorry to hear this Why take her away when she would have had a perfect home with you?
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:49 PM   #24
Ajay
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to Ajay

I'll resist swearing on here (or in front of my girls) but *&?>@~#<^%$£!! God that's awful that they'd do that to an animal and to you.

Glad her jeep got smashed. Hope it was expensive. Evil so-n-so deserved it.

The vet should surely release the animal to whoever brought it in/paid for the proceedure.. And also you should have "first refusal" on any animal you foster.

I think you summed it up well; Some rescue centre. She'd have been better off with you. I hope people hear about this and something is done.

*hugs*

0.0.2 Testudo hermanni boettgeri
0.0.2 Geochelone carbonaria
0.0.1 Testudo horsfieldii
1.0.0 Eublepharis macularius
1.0.0 Canis familiaris

I am no longer a student; AT LAST!!
Ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:30 PM   #25
niamherrity
Adult

The girl involved in this is american and not even in this country at the moment only i looked at the forum, I would not have known, they had my number and could have rang me, someone she know wanted her thats why she was taken from me CLICK AGAIN. I paid for her the night I picked her up but she says she's her's because it was posted add from the newspaper was posted on her forum, I was told by them to put her fee on there account but I told the vet that I would pay the not the rescue, as I wanted to keep her if all went well.

They say I had no right to keep her, I was fine as a foster for a couple of weeks but as soon as I said I would love to keep her if all went well between her and finn thats when all this happened I had 70 posts from the forum all saying how great it was including a post from the my trainer saying she was looking forward to meeting her when I brought her for training and that she was delighted she was homed, something happened behind the scences after that, the american one got involved and that was that, I knew by my trainers face when she seen me that she knew it was WRONG but she took her anyway, she advertises on the forum so make a lot of money from it she also has a shop selling doggie products. As I said it was a threat kennels or they took her, anyway i'm mad for the sake of the dog not me she didn't deserve any of this animal welfare my a**
niamherrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:12 PM   #26
Ajay
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to Ajay

That's pathetic. Even if she advertises with them she should morally be outraged at such treatment of an animal.

Is there anyone you can report them to??

0.0.2 Testudo hermanni boettgeri
0.0.2 Geochelone carbonaria
0.0.1 Testudo horsfieldii
1.0.0 Eublepharis macularius
1.0.0 Canis familiaris

I am no longer a student; AT LAST!!
Ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:43 PM   #27
polo
Hatched

Send a message via MSN to polo

Niamh she is gorgeous , she looks just like my king charles when she was young , she's 11 now.
good luck with fostering her , i hope she becomes a much loved part of your family.

2.1.0 Testudo marginata :Cadbury , Pebbles & Luna
2.1.0 Redfoot :Captain Jack , Bangles and Ruby
0.1.0 Cherryhead: Cherrie
0.1.0 Yellowfoot :Febi
0.0.11 Indian star :Neko ,Lexi ,Vanilla ,Rainbow ,Freckles ,Fudge ,Otis ,Mitzi , Paris ,kiwi ,Aero
polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:37 AM   #28
Nickynoodles
Hatched

Polo - I think you need to read the posts carefully Poor Niamh has had this little girl taken away from her for no reason other than clickiness

1.0.0 Testudo Hermanni
Nickynoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:40 AM   #29
autumnique
Hatched

That is such a shame i just hope that the lovely dog does end up with a good future in fact i hope and pray that she does
Some people dont deserve pets,my little springer 'Pippa' her mother was a dog which had been rescued only to be made to have litter after litter from the people who so called rescued her.It just isnt fair
autumnique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:04 PM   #30
tortoiseguy
Sub Adult

What a terrible thing to happen, ppor thing must'nt know if she is coming or going
tortoiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote