Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 08-05-2007, 12:00 PM   #11
KayMarie
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to KayMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry-flash
Thats like my name, but with an a instead of an er.

I'm sorry but that proper made me LOL!
KayMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 12:30 PM   #12
Pussygalore
Adult

I am 50 and I am going through the menopause I do have hot flushes and some of the other side effects but I find that Black Cohosh, and sage works for me I have always tried other remedys and used the doctors as a last resort I am a Diabetic and have to take medication which I sure was tried and tested on animals but the point I was trying to make is that surely when you know the properties etc of certain chemicals/medicines etc then you don,t need to keep testing them or similar ones over and over again, like I said I think testing should be for only those things that can,t be tested any other way, a lot of testing is on products that we all know we shouldn,t drink/ put on our skin, I am not a vegetarian but think that everything deserves a decent life however short and a decent humane end and that we don,t have the right to play god and that animals weren,t put here for us to exploit.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #13
Pussygalore
Adult

Lets agree to disagree on this one its an arguement which has been going on for years and will go on for lots more I will never change my mind I have been against animal testing and factory farming since school and will remain so there are no answers and all it does is make people upset and angry.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:16 PM   #14
Blaze
Hatched

Send a message via MSN to Blaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax
but the point I was trying to make is that surely when you know the properties etc of certain chemicals/medicines etc then you don,t need to keep testing them or similar ones over and over again.
Of course they do! They can;'t just give you a medicine and expect it to be okay because it worked in a similar drug coctial.

My mum is part of the tact 2 trial for a new kind of chemotherapy. There are 5 different new kinds of chemo which all started with testing on animals, these new kinds have been proven to either cut chemo times down, increase times between reocuernce and also make the entire process easier to the paitent. I thank god that new methods and new treatments are being developed for everything. We are making leaps and bounds medically due to animal research.

Also, my partner has type 1 diabetes. He's an animal lover but has no once had any moral issue with taking his injections. He had years of feeling like crap because of the diabetes, it was only found last september which was a doctors error, but it got to the point for him were he was so aggressive and very upset, emotionally and pyshically drained and he would drink water to the point of vomiting and still be thristy. He's so thankful for his insulin, and he's a driffent person for him.

So I had 2 example that hit me very close to home as to why biomedical reseach is fantastic!

I'd also like to point out that i'm not a heartless bitch. I don't eat eggs, especially not from battery farms, and if i'm cookign for my family I always use free range. - even though i don't eat eggs i'd never push my views on to some body else and understand that they like them. Also I don't use make up or bath products tested on animals.. body shop if fab for animal friendly products.

However, My needs come before a slight moral issue for me. I moved out from under my parents roof way to early. My younger sister had mental problems and i needed an escape, so i left. When I was struggling for money and i couldn't afford to feed myself I was so thankful that you could get 2 chickens for £5. you know? That wouldn't have been possible if chickens were grown in a different way. It's horrible, I know it is. But it's how things are done, and yes, they are cheap for this reason. For people struggling with money they way I did it's a god send.

Quote:
may I also add that during the war we knew what was happening in germany in the camps for a long time before anyone did anything about it or even admitted it was happening again behind closed doors.
Also, I find that below the belt. It has no relivence to "the holocuast on your plate" adverts. If this is a way of trying to justify what's happened in any way, it doesn't.

It's unbelieveable that people can talk about the holocaust in such a trival manner.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:16 PM   #15
Pussygalore
Adult

well you are trying to force your views on me but I won,t reply because like I said lets agree to disagree before someone really says something that they regret ok, you have your opiniums and I have mine which is what we are all entitled to.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:37 PM   #16
Blaze
Hatched

I'm not trying to change your views and I am not FORCING anything upon you. Not once have i said 'I'm right'. I think it's a matter of realative morality. Everyones views change depending on situation.

The point i was trying to make was not that eating animals is right or wrong. Or that medical testing was right or wrong. ( I believe it was you who expessed your views on biomedical research. )

The FACT is we are developing new treatments via testing on animals, tests which are nessisariy.

The FACT is PEtA suport extermists

The FACT is PEtA are against keeping animals as pets amoung many other things.

I really do congraduate you, Josh, for your descion to become a vegetarian, It's a very strong thing to do, and you can know that you are doing the right thing for you morally.

All I wanted to do with my post was point out that PEtA is not all it seems on the surface..

I am sorry if i have 'forced' my views on to any one.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:26 PM   #17
pawsplus
Hatched

I'm an ethical vegan and I support PETA. Sometimes extreme times call for extreme measures. I do not, however, agree that PETA is in any way a "terrorist" organization. Even ALF doesn't qualify as terrorist.
pawsplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 04:00 PM   #18
Blaze
Hatched

PEtA it's self isn't a terroris orgonisation they did however donate about $75000 to someone who is serving time in jail for terroist acts.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:34 PM   #19
kaz9t9
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to kaz9t9

meat is needed by our bodies, and i love streak and chips anyway such is the food chain. animal testing is a bit crap in terms of validity as we are humans not monkeys or dog or whatever else they use. NOBODY likes animals cruelty and its is inexcusable. however, extremist organisations arent much use either. although everybody is entilted to an opinion i believe nobody has the right to push extreme views on anyone so i am not impressed with PETA. this is a subjct that will get everybodies backs up so lets try and keep it friendly, and respect each others views and beliefs. good for you josh, if thats what you want to do then go for it,
Old 08-05-2007, 05:27 PM   #20
loopylucy
Hatched

Send a message via MSN to loopylucy Send a message via Yahoo to loopylucy

i think ..... if youre a vegetarian its ok, if your a meat eater its ok. i think extreme meat production isn't good (battery farming etc) animals should be looked after and treated with respect. however free range farming should be encouraged and standards improved. i guess it's true that if everyone stopped eating meat there would be no need for some animals anymore but if everyone expects to carry on buying super cheap meat, animal welfare is just going to get so bad people need to show more interest in where there food is coming from

(lol peter, thats funny )