Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 24-01-2008, 04:57 PM   #21
piglet
Adult

Laraine I just checked out Vinegar well done I'm so pleased , shout all you like at least he will have a great home.

D

17 years old 25 years ago
piglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2008, 09:23 PM   #22
Candle
Egg

Hi I really hope the dogs find homes!!!!!
I'm a really big dog lover!!!!!!
If u would can u please e-mail me on how you will and how you did help te dogs.
My e-mail address is
shannondargan@hotmail.com
I really hope you fined homes!!!!!
FrOM Shannon((Candle))

Find The dogs A Home People
Old 27-03-2008, 01:52 PM   #23
70ridgeway
Adult

im having my westie bitch doctored was told to have one lot of pups of her before my westie dog was castrated when i got him so a friend of my husband said i know a breeder whos got a very nice stud dog so he took my dog to as i couldnt go myself she had to stay over night and i couldnt walk way and leave her .Ihadnt had much sleep that night worrying about her 4 oclock came he picked me up to collect her as we pulled up to the kennels i was shocked ive never seen so may dogs in my life lurchers westies bearded collies grey hounds u name it they had it .we knocked the door and this little old lady answer she was 86 the dogs all belonged to her she took me to the kennels to colect my dog was horrified they had pups everywer it was clean and tiedy but there was these two westie pups 10 weks old 1 boy 1 girl and her son was in the one block of kennels and she ordered him to take these pups to the month block,i asked what the month block was she replied the puppies stay here untill 10 weeks if they havent sold they go to the month block then if there not sold in a month they were disposed of i said what do you mean she replied we shoot them.My stomach turned i felt sick i havent got a lot of money i have my savings i went home and cryed i told my mum about this she went there the next day and brought the 2 puppies home im pleased to say they have a lovely home now but it turns m stomach to think i have to go back in a couple of weeks to collect paper work for when my pups are born how can people do this she says its not done often as they usually sell and never had to do it dont know if i manipulated in to getting someone to buy them or she was telling the truth shes a licence breeder and my husbands mate said she doesnt destroy them she had manipulated me i reported this to the rspca but nothing as come of it maybe she could see i was a push over for animals

Last edited by 70ridgeway; 07-02-2009 at 09:21 PM.
70ridgeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 02:07 PM   #24
leggy
Sub Adult

Iv heard of this happening on the puppy farms near me Thay think nothing of it. My hubby was in a shop one day and heard some peopal on about asking if thay had found a home for a jack russel and they said no no one had wonted it. My hubby told them he new somone that had be looking for ages for one they said oh thats a shame weve drownd it now . It dident cross there minds to even advertise the dog its just the norm to some

leggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 02:21 PM   #25
70ridgeway
Adult

makes me wonder how they can look at themselves in the mirror my dogs are like babies to me i would do without myself so they could have i have 4 2 westies a lakeland terrier and a rottie and i think my rottie is the biggest baby of all as big as she is she still trys to sit on my lap people like this need burning its an absolute disgracei dont agree with breeders disposing of them when they have finished breeding them but at least these dogs will get a second chance of a wonderful home and what it feels like to be loved unlike them puppies they carnt sell i even said if this is the case why dont you offer at a discounted rate she said everyone will wait till there down the month block then
Old 19-12-2008, 04:27 PM   #26
zoe1
Incubating

We have just adopted a little dog from this rescue - Many Tears Rescue, will put pics up as soon as I can.

She is a little Shih Tzu and was used for breeding but given to the Many Tears when she was no longer needed. She's been spayed now and needs to put on some weight - she doesn't look like she's long weaned her last litter. She's also on anti-biotics for a water infection, but consideing all she's been through she's settled really well with our other 2.

The rescue named her Saucy - but we got some funny looks calling out Saucy in public so have changed it to Holly lol.
zoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #27
Hilary
Incubating

Found out why they call it Many Tears.

We had a look on the site & saw all the cute dogs, and lots with all sorts of disabilities & problems.
We already have a little dog who is very timid but very lazy & doesnt like to go out for walks. So we thought if we got her a little friend it would help her to learn how to be a dog & perhaps encourage her to go walkies a bit. At he same time we could offer a home to one of the smaller, less dominant looking orphans on the website.
I wasn't put off by a dog that wasnt in the full flush of youth, bouncing with health, or even if it had a disability (as I am a silghtly differently-abled myself), and my husband who has no mobility problems does most of the walkies stuff.

So we filled in a form for a lovely little blind lad with only one eye (on the site as 'Tea'), scrubbed the house and worried for days that the home visit would find us 'unsuitable' for some reason (dont know why - just paranoia really).
Then home visit over, we we're deemed ok, address and time arranged to meet the little one and bring him home, new doggy bed bought & cupboard full of his favourite munchies (which ours wouldn't touch with a barge pole - not nearly posh enough for her delicate tastes).
Then we got the message that the foster mum has changed her mind and decided to keep him. Didnt even ring to tell us herself - the message came in by proxy from another person - she isnt answering her 'phone.

Only good thing is we didnt do the 120 mile round trip over to collect him and find out then.

Of course, apparently, now we are 'vetted' we could pick another dog, but we dont know if we want to go through all that again.
I know it must be hard for a fosterer to give up a little charge they have cared for over a few weeks, but if they keep them all and turn down the homes that are offered, eventually they will be having to let other dogs die as they won't have room. Also, it means really that any donations are not going toward saving resue dogs, but for the medical costs of their 'own' dogs.

Very p***ed off.
Now I'm going to have to comfort eat all night.
Whoever started this thread - you are to blame for the next stone & a half that I put on tonight!
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #28
70ridgeway
Adult

i can understand ur disapointment as i would feel the same getting ur hopes up preparing for the arrival of ur new dog, as you said it also has to be hard for the foster parents expecialy if a dog needs more care they would tend to become more attached,however would have been nice to hear it from the foster parents them selves instead of second hand.Dont give up there is so many dogs out there needing a loving home im sure you will find ur perfect dog in time.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:27 PM   #29
Hilary
Incubating

Well after thinking about it over the weekend (and doinga lot of comfort eating too) we have decided that we still have a vacancy for a little person to join us. So as we are now already Vetted & judged as ok, we got back in touch with the office bloke (who seems quite reasonable), & we are looking at maybe meeting another of their little orphans. Most are fostered rather a long way away, but some arent too bad - but there is no way I would even consider any now who are fostered with that last person - couldnt trust that after a 120 mile round trip drive, she wouldnt do the same again.

Got a particular little one in mind anyway - fingers crossed.
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:35 AM   #30
anna m
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggy View Post
Iv heard of this happening on the puppy farms near me Thay think nothing of it. My hubby was in a shop one day and heard some peopal on about asking if thay had found a home for a jack russel and they said no no one had wonted it. My hubby told them he new somone that had be looking for ages for one they said oh thats a shame weve drownd it now . It dident cross there minds to even advertise the dog its just the norm to some
I just found this thread. I can't believe this could happen. There are lots of dog homes that would take in unwanted dogs. My sister works full time rehoming dogs in Scotland. Her place would never put down any dog. Only one that was very aggressive and would attack people. My sister takes dogs home at the end of her shift to look after them round the clock if that's what they need, no need to put dogs down is there? The place she works in has a good name my sister would never put up with any place that put dogs down like this
anna m is offline   Reply With Quote